MAINE chicken stocks, swaps and shows 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for French BCM's if anyone has any pullets- willing to pay $10 each for quality birds.

I am also looking for a few EE's or true Ameraucana's if anyone has any pullets.

awesome sounds good. lewiston seemed to be a busy swap the last time they had one. i should have some chicks hatched by then.
Yea! Last swap (May 12th) was really busy, a very good turnout!

Oh I am so glad! I had hoped for more Lewiston swaps. I called to ask about them. He offered to make a sign for out front so take him up on that! If I can help let me know. Times??

He told me that someone had called! He sounded grateful for the interest! Oh, he offered to make a sign, did he? Ahhh... Well, I think I will take him up on that! Last time the colors on the sign ran and it looked faded. Yuck. Thanks for the offer, I will try to remember it when I am ripping my hair out three days before! LOL And on the times, IDK. Last time we ran from 9-2, but all but one person was gone by 12:30-1ish. So, I was thinking that maybe it made sense to just run it until around that time. Any thoughts on that? Mark said that we could run as short or as long as we like....

ok, so I was in the Bangor tractor supply today and they would love some help organizing a swap. they want to do july fourth weekend. is there anyone in that area willing to help and I will give you help from here although it's not close enough for me to physically be there.

I sent an email to Ms Heisler, asking if Maine birds had to have NH approved legbands to come to NH swaps.

She replied:
"That is correct – our fair/show rules require all birds over 5 months have bands for identification.
http://agriculture.nh.gov/divisions/animal_industry/documents/fairregs.pdf"
Maine does test for Avian Flu and Pullorum! It depends on who is testing your birds within the state of Maine. Maine does not use Leg Bands, as it is so easy to take a leg band from a tested bird and put it on a non-tested bird, Therefore leg bands don't really prove anything. So is it my understanding, that you only need Leg Bands for the Fairs and Shows in NH ? And not for swaps? Many birds come from auction sites to be resold, so if reqiuring leg bands on all birds sold at swaps, doesn't make any sense, as many birds are sold without even going to a swap, so how do we control the Avian Flu and Pullorum?

Oh, I thought I put it in there... Sorry! It is 9AM-1PM! Last time, all but one person was gone by that time, so we figured that would be a good time to end it this time.

I will help with the Bangor tractor supply swap. I live close enough plus I have some ducks and chicks That I woould like to bring. The tractor supply in Dover-foxcroft will not be having another swap due to lack of participation. I called them today and that is what I was told. Thats too bad. What needs to be done? I will do it.

check your pms. I'm going to send you and snowpetals info and maybe you can work together, that would be great!!!
I will help with the Bangor tractor supply swap. I live close enough plus I have some ducks and chicks That I woould like to bring. The tractor supply in Dover-foxcroft will not be having another swap due to lack of participation. I called them today and that is what I was told. Thats too bad. What needs to be done? I will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom