Maine chicken swaps 2010

Would anyone be interested in a Blue Andalusian rooster? He was our free mystery chick from McMurray, and we live in town. When the neighbors want to open their windows in the spring, he's going to become a major problem. He's not particularly aggressive, but is a bit flighty.

He's absolutely gorgeous and loves the ladies. Despite his hatchery stock background, he has the potential to be an excellent breeder.

56931_stewie123110.jpg

He is a handsome guy, thats for sure. I also have a Black Standard Cochin free to a good home or stew pot. He is wing banded and great as a pet. His name is "Misty" yes, Misty, I kept thinking a hen doesn't look like that growing along, but he never crowed and hung out with the gals grazing. but then one morning things changed, and from then on out he gets a bit frisky when the hens bend to eat bread or scratch. Here is a photo of him:
9241_mistymister2.jpg

Also, we have a date for the first "Chickenstock" in my area, May 14, 2011 at the Oxford Tractor Supply Oxford, ME , then around the first weekend in June for the Lewiston Tractor Supply (this one is still iffy on a date) I'll open a new window down the road a ways.

Does anyone have any silkie chicks..about 12 weeks old for sale? Not looking for show quality just pet. I just lost my female silkie this morning and my male is so lonley!! He just keeps walking around the pen peeping, looking for her! I can travel and am hoping for pullet...I can't leave him alone! You cam PM me if you want! Thanks so much!

Not that this is relevant in any way....but did we just jump posts - from January 8th to July 6th?!?
Were we really not posting here for SIX MONTHS?!?!?

We must have all been too busy loving our chickens!!

Back
Top Bottom