Maine Farm Fest - date changed Oct 25th sunday Augusta TSC

Call TSC @ 743-7200 (I'm pretty sure) if its a weekday speak with Jeff, week-end speak with Maria. I doubt they would have a problem with it, if you need any material from the state let me know. When I asked, most of the people in this area did not care to have one , that is why I have suggested a Mid May event.
Like I have said a million times, and even mentioned to Jeff that if someone else would like to take these over, please, it will not hurt my feelings at all.
Kel

Thanks for the info Kel. BUT from what I've been hearing through the grapevine, the TSCs are now creating their own events coordinator (one of their employees) to set up swaps and meets. Maybe I'm wrong but I've heard that from a couple of people. Have you heard anything on that?

Actually yes, but I cannot imagine who it was from! But that would not hurt my feelings either!!!! They know the laws, they can police their own events and it honestly would be in their own best interest.
From these folks here in Oxford, I have not heard that.
I don't sell much of anything at these events so I get worked with no recoup on $$, they can use it to help with taxes. Was it NH folks that are being left out due to TSC taking over?
But, you know, these do not need to be TSC events. No one says it has to be. Probably if you wanted one at Farmers Union, you might be able to, or down beside the movie theater. You never know. I'm just happy knowing someone else is interested so I can pass the buck.

I do want to mention that at the last Chickenstock at the Oxford TSC, a rooster escaped... someone is feeding it and other critters out back. I can only imagine it would be a painful death by freezing to death this winter.
Please at any event, remind folks not to release domestic animals. If you do, please make sure you tell someone or atleast take responsibility of catching them.

I would definitely be interested in a November swap in Oxford.

I second that!

And I'll ask my local Paris Farmers Union about hosting one for next year as well. It would be a bit more south for some folks to travel, but maybe get more folks from S. Maine and NH too? perhaps worth a try if anyone is interested...​

I'm fairly sure that Pet Quarters in Scarborough would allow a swap. They have a big parking lot that would work great. Might be something to think about for next spring. That would give the S. Maine folks a chance to save on gas.
smile.png

It could probably be done next month too. But that might not be a great idea with the Christmas Tree Shop next door. Once Thanksgiving nears shoppers don't understand that if that CTS parking lot is full it does not give them the right to park in PQ's parking lot when they have no intention of buying anything in that store. This coming from a person who spent several Christmas seasons on parking lot duty getting cursed at by very rude CST shoppers.

So is someone going to try to organize one for the parking lot at Pet Quarters for November? That would be a nice spot and a bit further south to attract southerners too.

I could do a PQ one for next spring but not for this month. I'm busy the next two weekends and the weekend before Thanksgiving is still up in the air. But if anyone is willing to try for this month the number there is 885-5005. Ask for Debbie King. She is the event coordinator.

Quote:
Nice spot but I don't see how this will benefit PQ, after all, they don't sell livestock feed except rabbit stuff so they may not be interested.

Well it would be something different for them to have. Different can mean more customers who are curious even if they don't own chickens. Most chicken people have other pets too. It gets boring when all you have is dog rescues week after week. When I worked there over eight years ago we always had the same groups over and over again. From an employee standpoint I would have loved to have something like chickens.

Back
Top Bottom