Maine/NH/VT/MA- Anyone have any tame young pullets or baby chicks???

SeaChick

Songster
12 Years
Apr 25, 2007
Southern Maine
We're looking for a small number of layers like RIR, Australorp, Wyandotte, Orpington, Barred Rock, SexLink, REd Star, etc Sexed is definitely preferable since we would have to get rid of the roos (city ordinance). Pullets that have been hand-raised would be OK, or babies we can raise as pets.

WE're in Southern maine, willing to drive a few hours.

I know it's not likely at this time of year but worth a shot. Thanks for any leads!!!

Stacey & Olivia

Hello,

I live in central maine and I have some 11 week old pullets, we got them as an all pullet variety pack from Meyers, there were 25 chicks in all. we did hold them each day, they don't mind being around us and if we sit in a chair with them, some will come up with us, though they are not horribly fond of being picked up. Anyway if you are interested we have 3 black australorps, 2 white leghorns, 4 brown leghorns, + some barred pullets, we have 4 but someone is interested in "a couple" so don't know how many they are going to take, so might have 1-2 of them also.. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi-
That sounds like a possibility... I think we'd be more interested in the Australorps or Rocks. Where in ME are you? You can email us directly if you like via the forum here.
Thanks
Stacey

Back
Top Bottom