Maine Swaps 2011

Quote:
Hey there, I'm the person who emailed you about the Wyandotte eggs that I have in the bator. I should have known that you'd be on BYC. Sounds like you may have some options closer to home, but just let me know if you do end up needing one of my chicks.

Look forward to hearing how it goes!

Quote:
Hello, I just might be able to fix your problem. I have a couple large fowl eggs that should hatch around that time. Mutt birds, I think. I cannot say which day because there is a absent minded idiot (that is typng to you now) that forgot to write the dates on the calendar.
So I'll keep you posted, I have one batch around the date you have, then another batch the week after and then the next week. Mostly D'uccle eggs that I don't want to give up those chickie poohs. I'm over here in the Oxford/Norway area. Not to far from you.

Thanks, let me know. You're actually the SECOND person to contact me but not know when they put eggs in their bator.
smile.png

They aren't porcelain d'uccles are they, don't tease me like that...
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey there, I'm the person who emailed you about the Wyandotte eggs that I have in the bator. I should have known that you'd be on BYC. Sounds like you may have some options closer to home, but just let me know if you do end up needing one of my chicks.

Look forward to hearing how it goes!

Honestly I don't mind the drive to near you (and I have a lighthouse fascination so I really don't mind the drive) and so far the people close to me aren't sure they're going to have anything. But then again, I'm not sure I'm going to have a chick, either.
smile.png

Thank you for letting me keep you as an option.

Also, if anyone is interested and has chicks around that time, I could give the chick up to you if it hatches. It's a mixed breed (I have no idea who the mom is) that is in a dark brown shell that is spotted. The dad is a naked neck. The chick has a 50% chance of being naked necked itself. They're wicked cute and I will deliver. Here's one from my last hatch just to show the cute:
46869_imag0308.jpg

Last edited:
I candled the eggs last night and I'm down to 1 standard egg in the bator. Tossed out 5. I am breeding Mille Fleur line for show- I hope or that is my intent and not selling or letting any out just yet. Trying to build a good flock base.

some poultry related stuff mainers

Just a reminder that there is a Central Maine Bird Fanciers meeting this Sunday, Feb. 20. it's at the evening star grange hall (bill luce rd) in washington (near union). they have a potluck lunch at noon (bring a dish) with the meeting (open to all interested in poultry/birds) starting at 1:00pm
Tom Nelson will be giving a talk on how to prepare a bird for show. generally the meeting is followed by an auction of misc items, not sure if the auction will go on with the demo or not.

and
The Friends of Dr. Edith M. Patch present:
Care of a Small Backyard Flock
Saturday, Feb. 19, 2011, 1 to 3 pm.
Page Farm and Home Museum
University of Maine
Poultry experts Mike Opitz and Bob Hawes will present techniques and answer questions about raising a small urban flock of chickens.
This free public forum is sponsored by the Friends of Patch. For more info, call 866-2578 or contact [email protected].

I was asked to post about the upcoming Farm Day/Chicken Swap being held in Sanford, Me this coming Spring by Kel.

I couldn't find this post at first and had started a full thread on it. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=464483

Here
are the date's.

FARM DAY/CHICKEN SWAP 2011

WHERE ???

TRACTOR SUPPLY COMPANY (TSC) #1464
1770 MAIN ST
SANFORD ME 04073
(207) 490-0034

May 7th will be the very first FARM DAY/CHICKEN SWAP held at this new TSC location.

Come and join the fun - buy, sell, trade or swap

Schedule of events:

MAY 7TH - 9 AM TO 2 PM
JUNE 11TH - 9 AM TO 2 PM
JULY 9TH - 9 AM TO 2 PM
AUGUST - 6TH - 9 AM TO 2 PM
SEPTEMBER - 3RD - 9 AM TO 2 PM

I am working with TSC in coordinating the swaps and would like to invite you all down to join in the fun.

bob

Hurry up Spring!

I am looking for a Black or Blue Silkie rooster, preferably under 2 yrs old. I usually bring silkies to the swaps and won't be bringing any splash, blue or black this year without a rooster. Sadly, lil Ike passed away on me during the winter
hit.gif

Cotton, Candy and the rest of the white ladies are fine and going broody already... will be collecting soon for hatching and sale at swaps.

With any luck, I will also have a few Black Langshans this year too! Between my RIR and the Langshans they were by far my best layers all winter, plus they are gorgeous too, of course.

Hope someone can help me out. I'm in Turner and would be willing to travel a bit. Thanks!

Kellie -- Is the may 11th date correct ? Just asking because it's weds. ?? Never done a swap in the middle of the week before , wondering how that will turn out . --- Tammy

Cherokeerainbow sorry to hear about your loss . I don't have any old enough for breeding this season for you , but I do raise SQ silkies and will have a few young ones for sale in may . I go to the TSC farm days and will be bringing several with me along with Buff Orp. chicks and RIR chicks --- Americauna chicks and a couple varietys of ducks . My bators are full and I cann't wait for the swaps to start . ----Tammy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom