Maine

"Sperm Roulettte" hahahahahahha
lau.gif

Chick photo! We've got 2 now- this might be it- one chantecler x welsummer and the other is a marans x welsummer. Not sure if any of the pure wellies will hatch...

Usually bumblebees are fairly sweet. It must be some strange variety.

DH made pickled beets today and is drying some paprika peppers. I'm making some pear butter. If DH had not quit his job, I would have no hope for canned garden products. It is seriously a full-time job.

I have not found the fox urine yet, but haven't searched very well. We don't keep it in the house, so it is in a plastic bag, either in our rubble heap "entryway", or our rubble heap basement.

Our 7 roosters are now occupying 5 separate spaces. One had a bloodied comb and went into his own cage. 6 days until freezer camp.

Our neighbor, who always took great care of our elderly cats when they were alive, has entrusted me to let her own cat in and out of the house while she is gone for the weekend. Her cat disappeared overnight last night (she normally keeps it in all night) and she had to walk a half mile down the road to find it this morning. She told me to let it out this afternoon, which I did, but I'm worried it will never come back. I've already been down to her house hoping to get the cat back inside, but did not find it and now it is pouring rain. I'm going to make one more trip over before bed. I sure do hope it turns up!
I agree - canning is a full time job. I work per diem, and we were sure to NOT have me scheduled for work the past week and next, and on a limited schedule for the next month.

Hopefully kitty is just out for the day walking around and does come back.

We were up until midnight last night...a rare thing for our house. We're hunters, and my 11 year old son shot his first bear....384 pounds! It is huge! What a blessing this food will be in the cold winter months.

Are you all finding that your hens are laying better? Mine are. Gone from barely 3 eggs a day up to 6 yesterday!

Any of you guys that are fairly close to Oxford hills or l/a area, my fiance is a trapper and is willing to trap any problem animals. Even if it isnt trapping season he can show you how to set a trap on your property and maintain it if need be. A lot of these pests you arent going to catch in a live trap.

Wow this thread is at 1000 pages and almost at 10000 posts.
smile.png

Thought I would share a picture of my Tetra Tint rooster. He is white with some tan tail feathers. Nothing fancy but he is friendly and keeps an eye on his flock. I also figured out I have two tom Royal Palm turkeys and two hens plus one hen Bourbon Red. So my hopes to have a at least a breeding trio worked out.

Soooo sad. Went to let the girls out and one was dead :( our EE Miss Tubby. No trauma nothing on her just gone. The other 2 are running about the yard and appear fine. They are about 15-16weeks old. Any idea what happened? Are my other girls at risk???

Soooo sad. Went to let the girls out and one was dead
sad.png
our EE Miss Tubby. No trauma nothing on her just gone. The other 2 are running about the yard and appear fine. They are about 15-16weeks old. Any idea what happened? Are my other girls at risk???
Sorry about Miss Tubby.
hugs.gif

Hard to say what happened. Might be an illness but that does not mean the others will have an issue. It could have been something congenital. If that is the case than the others should be fine.

Sorry about Miss Tubby. :hugs

Hard to say what happened. Might be an illness but that does not mean the others will have an issue. It could have been something congenital. If that is the case than the others should be fine.
I hope so. These our are first. Started with 3 and have only had them a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom