Maine

I think the 'dizzied' already rule the world.

And it is sad to me when an animal, loyal to its owner, loses them to death. Their whole world is gone and they mourn. I can't take anymore house pets so I am going to hope strongly for a loving a patient home for this boy.

He is such a sweet boy too. Very quiet. But he does seem sad.
sad.png
I am sure he is grieving and very confused as to where he is and why his oldowner is no longer around. Good news is he does wag his tail when the treat bag comes out.
smile.png

Does anyone have any POL pullets or hens (under two years old) that they are looking to sell? I am looking for only one (I know some people prefer to sell in pairs) and I'd like to stay within 45 minutes of Fryeburg. I'd consider a wide variety of breeds, but I'm up to my ears in green and blue eggs, so no easter eggers please.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have any POL pullets or hens (under two years old) that they are looking to sell? I am looking for only one (I know some people prefer to sell in pairs) and I'd like to stay within 45 minutes of Fryeburg. I'd consider a wide variety of breeds, but I'm up to my ears in green and blue eggs, so no easter eggers please.

Thanks in advance!

None here. All I have are a few silkies and bantam cochins around eight weeks old so definitely not near POL. My older girls are mostly earning their keep here so they can stay. Now if you want a couple ducks or are interested in a Christmas turkey I have a couple of those available.
smile.png

NOOOOOO!!! Chicken math in the making. You can't just have one silkie, b/c they sleep in a chick pile on the floor. So if you want a silkie, you need more than one. Then of course they MUST brood often... And on and on it goes! Not to mention how cute they are. Must keep up my defenses!!!
Well....the chicken math appealed to my OCD side! My fiancee wanted a silkie, but I had 17 chicks already. Widget was kind enough to sell me three of her silkies to give me a nice even 20. Now the only problem is I've got 20, which is just shy of two dozen. Two dozen is a nice even number...

Last edited:
Widget, the silkies are hilarious. In my flock the "rare exotic" bird from the hatchery (who is suspect of being a Maran) was basically the boss of the brooder until one of the silkies put him/her in their place! So funny to watch this amorphous black puff chase that bigger bird across the coop. Hopefully the birds remember this day for a long time, because it wont be too long before the silkies are the little guys in the coop!

Widget, the silkies are hilarious. In my flock the "rare exotic" bird from the hatchery (who is suspect of being a Maran) was basically the boss of the brooder until one of the silkies put him/her in their place! So funny to watch this amorphous black puff chase that bigger bird across the coop. Hopefully the birds remember this day for a long time, because it wont be too long before the silkies are the little guys in the coop!
gig.gif
I think they have the Napoleon complex. Or they are smart enough to know the need to set down the rules now while they still can. And they look so cute doing it too.

Well....the chicken math appealed to my OCD side! My fiancee wanted a silkie, but I had 17 chicks already. Widget was kind enough to sell me three of her silkies to give me a nice even 20. Now the only problem is I've got 20, which is just shy of two dozen. Two dozen is a nice even number...
But, if you wanted to present yourself as a "better horse trader" your flock would best be represented by two baker's dozen! Do you have a rooster? They don't count in the numbers, but they do make the numbers bigger.

But, if you wanted to present yourself as a "better horse trader" your flock would best be represented by two baker's dozen! Do you have a rooster? They don't count in the numbers, but they do make the numbers bigger.
Hmm..

It's too soon to tell if any are cockerels at this point, but I'm all about even numbers. Let's visit this topic in the spring when there are eggs and/or crowing!

p.s. if there is crowing from anyone (aside from the silkies) they are being rehomed to someone who wants a roo, or to a crockpot.

Last edited:
None here. All I have are a few silkies and bantam cochins around eight weeks old so definitely not near POL. My older girls are mostly earning their keep here so they can stay. Now if you want a couple ducks or are interested in a Christmas turkey I have a couple of those available. :)
Not sure if I could sell the husband on that one. Another chicken could sort of sneak in unknowingly. I think he'd catch on if one of the "chickens" quacked or was Godzilla sized lol.

Back
Top Bottom