Maine

I also got 2 eggs today from the one girl who is laying. I checked the nest late yesterday afternoon, and it was empty. Found one egg at 0800, and an other at 1430. Had one girl last summer that laid 2 rubber and one normal egg in a 14 hour time period. 2 rubber eggs witnessed, and the other one of 2 from my only 2 brown egg layers.

I've been giving the girls a lot of sprouts. Where the weather is warmer, I started some FF this week. They went ape over it this afternoon. Hope to be able to offer it mid day as long as the weather is half way decent. ~~ Nice to see crops well filled out. They're all showing a lot of stress marks in their feathers, in spite of them having free feed all winter. Hoping the FF will bring them back into good condition.

SCG - I will let you know when I am ready to place the order! If anyone else wants a few chicks please let me know! probably end of march or some time in april is what I will be aiming for!

Most likely Murray McMurray and I am just about 20 minutes north of Portland, so maybe a little far for you...I do, however go to camp in Trenton in the spring so maaaayyybeee I could bring you some BUT it is a big maybe since I am not 100% sure exactly when I will be headed that way.

I'm just checking options. Most likely I'll be able to connect with MMc in Brewer, unless things have changed with the local hdw. store. Where chicks are concerned, it's always wise to have more than one option!

Free Rooster! marans/welsummer cross- he's almost 5 months old, just started crowing. I thought we could keep two, but there have been a few too many squabbles in the coop over the past few days! Text me at two-four-two 89two one before 2:30 if you are interested- I'll be at school all day, and husband plans to make him into dinner when he gets home at 3.

Free Rooster! marans/welsummer cross- he's almost 5 months old, just started crowing. I thought we could keep two, but there have been a few too many squabbles in the coop over the past few days! Text me at two-four-two 89two one before 2:30 if you are interested- I'll be at school all day, and husband plans to make him into dinner when he gets home at 3.
I really wish I could. Darn ordinances!

Back
Top Bottom