Maine

Anyone in Southern Maine have bantam ducks for sale? My call drake recently lost his mate and he's harassing the runners. A couple ladies are preferable but I'm flexible. Maybe another trio? Quality and color are not important. Thanks.
There is a call duck breeder in Maine, his name is Barry Roberts, google him... he live in Waterboro. also check craigslist or uncle henry's.

Thanks. Al's only has pairs at the moment and they are young. I sent an email to Barry. Thanks for the help! Feel free to send anyone looking to rehome some smallish female ducks my way. He's haunting the others and I hate to pen him alone. They'll have the 48x48 garden space until they are bonded, then the 6 acres and a pond. I'm in North Berwick and frequently travel between here and the north shore of Massachusetts. Thanks again.

I just wanted to share a picture of the pretty little pullets from Lazy Gardener--Easter Egger over Dominique. They are a little over 8 weeks old. I call them the Crow Sisters, for obvious reasons.
big_smile.png

Awww! I wondered how they are doing! Glad they're settled in well. I've started integrating my juvies and babies with the adults. Today, I have my alpha hen and a buddy in with the juvies and babies, and all is going well. As soon as I have help stringing the electronet around both coops, I'll let all 3 groups mingle. Jack the roo is trying to help one of my Dom girls commit to going broody. He's in one corner, and she's in the other corner of the brood cage. He's doing broody cluck, and she's doing the Dinosaur growl, both of them fluffing up a storm, with shavings flying everywhere.

Hi.I wonder if I should never go on vacation while having chickens. Last year they got attacked by a dog when I went to Toronto. This year I got an email from my chicken sitter saying one of my leghorns has mysteriously died. I'm so sad. She was one of my original chickens and one of the most friendly. Eggs as big as the palm of your hand. I could carry her around the yard and she followed me everywhere ( with her sister leghorn. ) Isnt her sister going to be depressed? I just introduced 4 new 6 week olds to the coop and everything was going fine. I'll never know what happened to her though. I was told she didnt come out of the coop on Wednesday morning when he let them all out and when he went to put them to bed he found her dead on the ground. Oh well. The circle of life,right?

Hi All, I'm in central Maine and am new to this. We have 11 hens, RI Reds and Barred Plymouth Rocks and, hopefully today, are about to receive a bunch of guinnea keets. I have 2 questions for you guys: is there a place in central Maine to get bulk organic feed and/ or corn and 2) has anyone ever found gapeworm in their flock? Mine love slugs and I just read @ gape the other day.. ewww!! Thanks for any info you can share :)

I've never had gapeworm in my flock. You can contact the UMO county agricultural cooperative extension. They have someone who specializes in poultry who might be able to advise you. IMO, the more you read (and I read A LOT), the more you'll hear about all the things that COULD affect your flock, to the point where you'd be tempted to never let them experience the thrill of being chickens! My approach is to let them eat what they want, not worry about it, and if I SEE a problem, then... I'll cull or treat, depending on what the problem is and how prevalent it is in my flock.

Welcome to BYC, and specifically to the Maine thread.

Back
Top Bottom