Maine

Question for you all. I am tryingto sell my 3 australorp hens with their rooster for $50. Is that a reasonable price for 11 month old chickens? Also wondering if anyone has idea on what going rate should be on Easter egger chicks and eggs? Trying to get rid of the Australorps and maybe sell some EE's so I can get my silver Ameraucana line going better.

Question for you all. I am tryingto sell my 3 australorp hens with their rooster for $50. Is that a reasonable price for 11 month old chickens? Also wondering if anyone has idea on what going rate should be on Easter egger chicks and eggs? Trying to get rid of the Australorps and maybe sell some EE's so I can get my silver Ameraucana line going better.
really depends on the market and their lines
are they BQ, SQ or just hatchery stock
it seems like a fair price to me for pullets and cockerel that are just about to hit their prime
but :confused:

THey're hatchery stock. The rooster I had planned to show as he was gorgeous. Unfortunately he got a little frost bite on his comb and while treating him indoors he got into a fight with Tolkien my EE roo. The EE's will be first generation of my own blend between hatchery and a local breeder of Ameraucana.

I really want to get rid of those where I can concentrate on my silver Ameraucana's and Easter Eggers. They're worth more money potentially. Plus the Silver Ameraucana's are really challenging to try and breed to standard. I can't wait until the weather warms up enough where I can get some eggs warm enough to start a new hatch batch.

BQ? What's BQ? I don't think $15 is a bad price for a pullet just coming into her prime. Generally, I sell the pullets at what ever price I set, and toss in the roo. I've found that folks just don't want a roo, no matter how wonderful he is.

I'll be set up to hatch: Buck Eyes, Black sex links with walnut and pea combs, Red sex links with walnut combs, and EE this spring. If any one is interested, let me know. The number of eggs I set will be based on the interest.

Pictures of the newest additions. Pathkiller is a Silver Ameraucana. Hoping he molts out the white where he meets standards. Redwing is also from Silver but will never meet standards. So he makes a nice EE rooster. Both are very bright and calm Temperment as well as friendly. Noccalula is one of my new Ameraucana's and I think she is simply gorgeous as far as pullets go. Honor is still my favorite but Miss N the Hen is a close second.

Attachments

• PathKiller and RedWing.jpg
    PathKiller and RedWing.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Noccalula.jpg
    Noccalula.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Eggs 2.jpg
    Eggs 2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Honor2.jpg
    Honor2.jpg