Maine

The Muscovies I do plan on getting locally. I have two females now and just need a drake. It is the Saxonies that are few and far between. It would be so much easier if I liked Pekins as a meat duck.

Widget, I am going through some old posts I missed. I have a few Muscovy Drakes, I would gift you one of them.

I'm from Maine...can I play in this thread with you guys?
roll.png
yippiechickie.gif
The more the merrier. Especially someoene who knows the area where I live now. I am in Bowdoin, the Lisbon Falls, Sabattus side. What's in your flock?

sadly I lost my companion of 29 yr today. my african grey passed away very unexpectly. deep breath in, deep breath out. I'm going to really miss her "I love you's" she was just so sweet, always.
Hi Keric,
Welcome
I am from Monmouth
Really!? I didn't realize you were so close to me. Yey.

So I forgot to turn off the barn light last night. I've been leaving it on a little after everyone is fed at night so I could get a few eggs. Bf came home really late and suddenly heard Woggle woggle woggle!! Turkey boy was saying, hey who is up there? (remember birds are in the barn basement, so this was beneath him in the dark, but nice and loud) Bf thought, "oh crap, this is how horror movies start!" Then he realized it must be the turkey. It continues. BF has almost NO experience with animals and doesn't work with mine-- too much poop for him. So as he is sneaking down to turn the light off he admitted he was expecting the tom to attack him! FYI I have MIDGET whites and they are known to be the friendliest turkeys. It was difficult not to pick on him.

yippiechickie.gif
The more the merrier. Especially someoene who knows the area where I live now. I am in Bowdoin, the Lisbon Falls, Sabattus side. What's in your flock?

Really!? I didn't realize you were so close to me. Yey.

So I forgot to turn off the barn light last night. I've been leaving it on a little after everyone is fed at night so I could get a few eggs. Bf came home really late and suddenly heard Woggle woggle woggle!! Turkey boy was saying, hey who is up there? (remember birds are in the barn basement, so this was beneath him in the dark, but nice and loud) Bf thought, "oh crap, this is how horror movies start!" Then he realized it must be the turkey. It continues. BF has almost NO experience with animals and doesn't work with mine-- too much poop for him. So as he is sneaking down to turn the light off he admitted he was expecting the tom to attack him! FYI I have MIDGET whites and they are known to be the friendliest turkeys. It was difficult not to pick on him.

Ha, Ha... If only there was a video camera running. I bet there was a moment why your BF jumped... I've heard my oldest step son actually scream like a girl and run because one of my ladies startled him. The laughs we have had about that are so priceless.

So some of us appear to be pretty close. I live in Belgrade (just outside of Augusta).

Clearly my birds are unimpressed by the ice. The Buckeyes had very little interest in coming outside this moring. My bantams just flew to the broken down truck and hung out underneath where there is no ice.

All of this talk about worms has me thinking I need to worm mine... *hangs head in shame* I never have...
he.gif

Hoppy, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Our animals are so much more than pets, it must be especially hard when it's one that's been with you so long.

Keric, welcome! I'm not far from you either- I'm in farmingdale- If I just hop on the pond road and bang a left on western ave, I'd be in winthrop in no time!

Back
Top Bottom