Maine

Well, alright, I will check my calendar. I think it would be good for my psyche too now that I have gained weight as well. Yes Hoppy has the first two, Cloverleaf has silkies and joaniemaine has great cochins. Probably just birds from all of them but ask. Just to share.... If you can believe this, HE is the bully in the yard (bantam) ooooh, the Poms, got to love them... Midget White hen. I admit that I like her 'pwit pwit' in the yard. The one who is most often bullied... poor gentle giant that he is And Ragnar once again because he ate out of my hand today and was so sweet I was doing this in the yard: :weee
Thanks I will ask. Actually I think I got the sizzles I have from Hoppy. Beautiful birds!

Just wondering if anyone here in Maine has some nice silkie, sizzle, and/or cochin hatching eggs for sale. I have posted in the for sale/wanted thread but thought I would ask here. I am in Gray, ME and I am willing to drive up to an hour one way to pick them up. I am just not having any luck with shipped eggs. Thanks!!
I have cochin hatching eggs - red, black and partridge. I live in Temple, ME, which is near Farmington.

I'll be at the Central Maine Bird Fanciers Spring Show on May 26th - Windsor Farigrounds - and will bring along some eggs to sell if anyone is interested - $20 a dozen

I'll also nave bantam cochins, LF cochins and belgian bearded d'Uccles for sale at the show.

Last edited:
I am missing a black sexlink.  I checked on them when I got home from work at 630 they were all there. worked on my truck until 8 and went to lock the birds up and noticed 1 sex link is gone  no feathers in the run looked around didn't see any anywhere. my run is a 5ft high 2x4 welded wire run no top on it. I saw a hawk yesterday flying around but he didn't come close enough to see the birds. this is my first day with the new pullets where I am living now. I cant believe I lost one the first day at there new home. guess they will be locked in the coop for awhile till I find out what is taking them.

So sorry about your bird! What a drag to have that happen on their first day. Do you think it may have been a fox? I hear they leave no trace.

Thanks for the input on the electric fences. I could install one for 300ish but i think for my purposes ill go with a remote e collar. That way i can use it to train her out of chicken chasing and perimiter train her. I can also take it to the park and on hikes.

Now if i can train her to stop rolling in and gobbling chicken poop i will truly celebrate!

You make me feel so... validated!!! You're ahead of me. I'm still plugging away at my coop. Got the hinges today, have 2 doors to install, a bit of trim work, a skirt... the list goes on. I hope to get it minimally finished enough to move them in, and finish the pop door and perches after the fact. At the rate I'm going, the girls will be laying before the coop is finished. Do I see black sex-links and leg horns?
Yepper! Leghorns and Black Sex Links. The oddball that may not be in that picture was supposed to be my Bantam Rooster...there was a boo boo...we are not even sure if he is a he or a she...and it is not a bantam, it turns out is is an Americuana (spelling?). I still call it Cogburn (Rooster Cogburn). They seem happy in the new home, I had the kids take them out yesterday for a bit, they jumped around the yard for a while and only one got loose. She ended up on top of the muffler of my personal car (it had not been run in days so no burns) and she would not come out. When I got home, I had to chase her out with a broom...she actually outsmarted me and wound up in the engine compartment...sneaky and fast! I got her, safe and sound minus a few grease stains. I put her in the coop with her friends and they were all VERY excited! It was funny to see the others cramped up to try and see what was going on, they are quite community oriented!

This morning, I had two roosting, the others still in the pile, they are eating well and drinking well. I fed them some old crackers and chips with some grit along with some slightly burned bread from Sunday's dinner. They do love to eat! We are lucky to have this weather this week...I have so much to catch up on around the house, and still have work to do on the coop! I need to add a skylight and a window for them as well as finish the ventilation plan between the greenhouse and the coop. It is all very exciting and you guys are AWESOME! Thank you all for your help!

What a gorgeous day out there! I hope everyone gets to enjoy some of it! I just hung laundry on my clothes line(I always look forward to being able to do that every year) and after I get my indoor chores done, I'm going to take my ladies outside for some exploring. Domino caught her first bug yesterday. In fact, I think she was the first of the ladies to catch one. I had fun watching her play keep away when the other chicks discovered what she had!

Working on the drystone duck house today, good thing the pond area is so full of rocks, we dont have to move them far.

Four khaki Campbells have hatched so far, and more onn the way! My splash cochin pair is laying, set one of their eggs last night with the four dozen faverolles. Very excited for my little blue baby...

I have cochin hatching eggs - red, black and partridge. I live in Temple, ME, which is near Farmington.

I'll be at the Central Maine Bird Fanciers Spring Show on May 26th - Windsor Farigrounds - and will bring along some eggs to sell if anyone is interested - $20 a dozen

I'll also nave bantam cochins, LF cochins and belgian bearded d'Uccles for sale at the show.

Is that this weekend?? I think I am going to bring my kids and check out all the beautiful birds. Is it one day or two and if its two will you be there both days or just one day? Thanks!!

So not the best pics but was wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to what these little cuties are. I can tell you they are bantam and have no feathers on their feet if that helps. In the last picture I was wondering about the all yellow chick.... Thanks all!!

Back
Top Bottom