Maine

I just got my chickens! 5 pullets...2 Barred Rocks, 2 White Leghorns & one Golden Laced Wyandotte. They are all around 3 months old. SO excited. I've just been leaning in the dutch door, watching them all afternoon.:weee They seem to like the fermented feed.
congrats!!!!!!

Hi, everyone! I hate how I never post regularly... maybe I'll have an excuse now, as I'm officially becoming a chicken-mom tomorrow!! I'm buying at least three at the swap in Augusta, and have four reserved to buy next month. They have a big ol' coop that I got for free from one of my dad's acquaintances. It's perfect for summer, but I'll be building something better for this winter. :)

On a sadder note, the beautiful dog on my icon, Bella, passed away yesterday at 10 1/2. My heart is still so broken. I'm eating pizza, and just the thought of only having three pugs beg for pizza instead of four... it hurts. :( She was our first, and we had a close bond. She was so special to me. I'm just relieved now that she's in a place where she won't hurt.

Back to the happy... I've learned how to make jam and pesto, and I'll be learning how to pickle later on in the season. Does anyone know anyone who's selling peaches or other fruits? The thought of buying grocery store ones makes me cringe, heh. I want to put more goop in jars!

Sorry for your loss!!!! Hoping to make it there tomorrow as well.what are you getting??

If anyone is interested I have coral blue guinea keets 8 weeks and 2 weeks , I don't think I will bring any to the swap in Augusta tomorrow, they are such little buggers to catch lol. I plan on bringing a sizzle 9-10 weeks old light blue, color could change, 2 blue silkies and 2 white silkies

Hi, everyone! I hate how I never post regularly... maybe I'll have an excuse now, as I'm officially becoming a chicken-mom tomorrow!! I'm buying at least three at the swap in Augusta, and have four reserved to buy next month. They have a big ol' coop that I got for free from one of my dad's acquaintances. It's perfect for summer, but I'll be building something better for this winter. :)

On a sadder note, the beautiful dog on my icon, Bella, passed away yesterday at 10 1/2. My heart is still so broken. I'm eating pizza, and just the thought of only having three pugs beg for pizza instead of four... it hurts. :( She was our first, and we had a close bond. She was so special to me. I'm just relieved now that she's in a place where she won't hurt.

Back to the happy... I've learned how to make jam and pesto, and I'll be learning how to pickle later on in the season. Does anyone know anyone who's selling peaches or other fruits? The thought of buying grocery store ones makes me cringe, heh. I want to put more goop in jars!

You can order peaches and blueberries from the Belfast Coop. I think the first blueberry order is done, but they have a second. People are also selling blueberries on the side of the road now- saw some down in Waldoboro yesterday!

Good luck with pickles! My cukes are starting to grow like crazy, almost time to start collecting- I make lots of bread and butter pickles every year- they make good Christmas gifts/hostess gifts!

Back
Top Bottom