Maintaining temperature in Hova-Bator 1602...

chickenlover100

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
I've had my incubator up and running for 10 days now but the temperature keeps fluctuating. I don't know how to keep it stable. Does the room temperature need to stay in a certain range? I've had a spike up to 106 and a dip down to 96. When it is stable it is at 99-102. I'm new at this, so any info would be appreciated. My first batch is in the incubator now, but they are just test eggs from the grocery store.

yes with these basic incubators, the outside temp makes a big difference, you want your incubator to be in a spot where the temp outside the incubator stays as constant as possible, i am hatching in one right now and this is my 3rd time with this incubator, and i relized that at night the twmps will drop a few degrees and during the hottest of days it will raise a few degrees, but it does have alot to to with outside the incubator temp

Mine didn't fluctuate too much. It really held pretty steady. Keep it inside, out of the sun, away from windows and not in a place with temp/humidity fluctuation. Also it takes a VERY TINY movement on the thermostat to change temperature.

The only time I had to adjust mine was when we had a really bad storm come through. I adjusted it up, then back down when the storm passed. I had to adjust a bit for lockdown because of all the extra water I added. (my fault, I added too much)

I hatched 5 out of 7 eggs and it was my first time hatching.

Quote:
i have fertile store bought eggs in my incubator right now, and there are stories of people hatching store bought eggs all over this site, mostly fertile eggs from trader joes

Thanks to all of you. It all helped a lot. My eggs were fertile from Trader Joes. The thing is, I think the carton I got was an old shipment so I don't think they will hatch.
sad.png
It was a good practice trial though.
smile.png

ok well when your eggs set and you candle for the first time around 6 or 7 days let me know what you see, as this is my first time incubating store bought eggs to, but luckily me right when i got to Trader joes they had just finished putting out a fresh batch of eggs so i got lucky, i will keep you posted up on how it goes when did you set your store bought eggs?

Back
Top Bottom