Major early development question.

jay1995

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Florida
I have my eggs in a still air incubator I got from Tractor Supply company. And the directions told me to fill up all three water troughs so I did. But I didnt know until two days into the hatching that what I did was not right. So I went and bought a hydrometer, and it is at a stable temp and humidity. But did I take to long to find that out?

No I wouldn't think it will hurt anything. When we hatched here in sept. the humidity in thehouse was high so there was no way to get it sown and they did ok. So 2 days shouldn't hurt.

no, everything should be alright , But alot of those hydrometers are way off ,I have about 5 of them and when i tested them they were of by 5 and 10 deg. I have a much better hatch when i don,t worry about the humidity and just keep a wet thick wash cloth rolled up inside my incubator ,Just don,t lay it on the eggs, roll it up and lay near the eggs. I hatched my first egg this way and had 32 eggs hatch out of 35 .Then i got me a hydrometer and lost two incubators of eggs not a single egg hatched ,So I went back to my wash cloth and got 23 eggs out of 29 last week .Works for me

Back
Top Bottom