Make my day! What is the funniest chicken story you have?

OMG! Don't these stories make you LOVE
love.gif
love.gif
chickens even more!!

lau.gif
gig.gif

This isn't my story to share so instead of copying and pasting it, as I am wont to do, I'll just post a link and you can read
it for yourselves. I think it is one of the hands down funniest chicken stories I've read.... please check it out and if one of the
mods thinks it might be ok to copy and paste it I'd be happy to do that (I'm just hesitant to do that without the mods or original
authors a-ok). But it's too good not to share...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=278377&p=1

writerofwords you sir have an eye for details of the things around you and obviously a lover of chickens. I applaude you! Picnic table, ladder, rake, child, and chickens. A video would have worth a lot! Thanks for the
lau.gif

I was going out back to feed the girls some greens. I have also been taking Lulu, the lame runt back to reintroduce her to the girls a bit at a time so she can move back out there someday. So between the pail of greens and Lulu and trying to get through the gate without stepping on anyone crowding around, it was taking awhile. Some of the girls were getting very impatient and vocal. One girl was especially loud and annoying, she kept up BAWWK! BAWWWWK! BAAAWWWWK! (you know the kind and you know the sound) Anyway, the girl standing beside had taking as much of this loud noise in her ear as she was going to. She turned around to peck the loud mouth but instead caught her lower beak in hers and shook. Well, Noisy squawked, shook her head and SHUT UP! Too funny.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Ok I'll add one....I don't know if any of you are familiar with dog agility competition but I have agility equipment in my yard. The dog walk is a long ramp up to a long level board about 4' off the ground and a down ramp on the other end. Well my chickens LOVE to chase my big "boss" cat Callie. He is totally intimidated by them and to get away, he will go up the dog walk ramp and sit in the middle of the horizontal plank. Well the chickens have learned to go after him. I have 5 chickens that do dog agility!!I looked out the window and there goes 5 chickens chasing a cat across the dog walk! Think I should start a new sport? Chicken agility competition?? I've GOT to get pictures next time I can catch them at it.
lau.gif

We are syringe feeding our broody, as she has decided that she is nto going to eat anything.
We have stuck a bowl of tempting goodies right i=under her nose, and she either ignores it, or, tucks it under with her eggs.

Anyways...what we are doing is we made a slurry with cooked oatmeal and warm water, and are gently feeding her that way.
Guess what she does now?
You know how little kids will open there mouth really big for the next bite?
Imagine a chicken doing that for you. And not just for one feeding either
lau.gif

Too bad we don't have BYC Home Videos! That would be a funny thread. I'd love to see the chicken with its mouth open to be fed or chicken agility or vtfarma's story in video!
Laughing really helps when it hurts, doesn't it? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom