Make my day! What is the funniest chicken story you have?

savingdogs

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 2, 2009
Southwestern Washington State
Okay, I have to admit it, I've been down in the dumps. I have a chronic illness and need some laughs.
caf.gif

I find my own chickens really funny in general and thinking watching them is therapeutic, but I was laughing at the thread about the gross things chickens eat, and wondering what other funny stories everyone has. Laughing is good for everyone, isn't it? I'm sure I'm not the only person who could use a few laughs.

I wish I had a good one to get everyone started, but I've only had chickens less than a year. Can anyone out there help me cheer up?
hmm.png

I'm ready!
pop.gif

My barred rock hen cocoa had a piece of grass in her mouth and it stuck out like a cigar. She gave this look like "What?"

well I was smoking a cigarette this past summer and my fiesty hen came and snatched it right out of my hand and it was lit! she was running around and all the other hens were chasing her to get a drag!

last winter when there was snow on the ground I shoveled a path out to the coop. I opened the door to let the chickens out then I was heading back to the house when I turned and saw a chicken parade behind me. The path was only about 18 inches wide so they were lined up one after another. It was hilarious.

My favorite hen has been getting pretty bold. Last week she took food out of the baby's mouth, then she snatched a sandwich out of my hand, then a quesadillia from the DH.

Then the 4-year-old decided to pee outside....

i have 3 bantam cockerels in my coop of 5 large girls and 6 bantams. 2 boys just went out there a couple of weeks ago. my head boy is a beautiful cochin-Sunny, who is very proud of his ladies and is especially loving to his big brahma girls Emma and Ella.

well i got home today and went to check the coop for eggs and to have my 'chicken time' and i love to pick up my 2 young boys to check them over for any signs of abuse at anyone hands...err...beaks. so nothing wrong with either i let them go about their business of running around keeping out of the way of the bigger ladies.

Fozzie is my silkie boy and is very timid but will stand up to anyone that makes a girl squawk. Gonzo is basically the second in charge but gets into a lot of trouble when Sunny sees him doing anything. one moment i'm petting Gonzo while he is sitting on top of the nest boxes, next thing i know my little boy flies across the 8' x 10' coop, straight to one of the big brahma girls and lands perfectly on top of her wide back. Sunny came flying out from the same corner to land perfectly where Gonzo was on top of the brahma girl. she just sits there looking around like 'what just happened?!'

these boys acted like she was a table top and just walked on her back while she kept eating away at the dish, not noticing much of the 2 boys jumping on her back like 2 little kids bouncing on a mom!

Last edited:
i was in the coop refilling water this evening and all my chickens were snoozing. well, my one chicken Poppy did right by her name and popped a massive fart and scared all the other chickens and herself. Pretty stinkin hilarious to see them all freak out over a toot.

I went to have my chicken time with my silkies when they were only two months old. I knelt down and picked up my favorite black silkie I call " Little Lovin" and it chirped a little and this as yet un-named white one comes running over and latches onto a big mouth full of my finger and was just shaking his head like a dog trying to rip me apart.. He was so small I didn't really realize what was happening at first.. When I looked down to see what was up and I saw that.. I just fell over laughing and from that day forward his name has been Jacka**.....
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom