Make shift incubator/hatcher?

Pics
Ok think I just solved my auto shut off issue for the heating pad WHAHAHA. went on to amazon UK found a pet heating pad that will not shut off period! and best part of all you ask? you can set the temp to how ever high you need it starting from 25c up to 55c it's water proof to and has removeable zipper pad covers! it will be here tomorrow.

about the same as the brinsea parts in cost but big difference is I would get the parts days after the hatch i.e not tomrrow but in like a week and a halfs time. and I don't have that kind of time lol!

OMG finally they claim the payment for the incubator! Now they inform me item is out of stock and they have a back log for the item and it will not be shipped til after easter! :rant

It is agaist ebay policy to sell items you know you do not have in stock. They did say they would ship it on the 5th and I would get it by the 9th but still you should have told me sooner so I would not be stressing! And the item is still not showing as paid!:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant

Now they are saying I'm rude to them and they want to know if they can cancel my order. No you fricking can't send me the flaming item or bone head!

Can you screenshot all the messages they sent you and report them?

I order all my stuff off amazon. Always been cheaper than real stores and stores tend to not have the items I’m looking for.

Well I did not turn the heating pad on like I thought I did. But I did add something to the incubator/hatcher I just need to seal it in place. Thinking of adding a vent that I can open and close in order to get rid of extra heat if need be. The heating pad on level 3 puts the temp to round 45.5c which is just to high so I started it on level 2 about 15-20 mins ago and the temp is 37.7 with humidity at 34%. That's from the digital stuff. The thermometer I took from the brinsea is treading round 37.5-38.5c
You should drill a some holes in plexiglass window for vents.you can fine tune temp and humidity by plugging or unplugging those holes.I have( 4) 3/8" holes in window.i can usually raise or lower humidity about 5% by plugging or unplugging holes with small corks.If incubator has fan you can let excess heat out of incubator by unplugging holes.

Can you screenshot all the messages they sent you and report them?

I order all my stuff off amazon. Always been cheaper than real stores and stores tend to not have the items I’m looking for.
Seller pulled their head out and apologized and promised my item would be sent we chalk it up to lost in translation if you will I get this time of year is hard but damn it they need english speakers so this stuff don't happen.

I have a love hate realtionship with amazon I will say tho deliveries have been missed enough times to get over a year of prime free with them ;).

You should drill a some holes in plexiglass window for vents.you can fine tune temp and humidity by plugging or unplugging those holes.I have( 4) 3/8" holes in window.i can usually raise or lower humidity about 5% by plugging or unplugging holes with small corks.If incubator has fan you can let excess heat out of incubator by unplugging holes.
I'll have to see if someone I know has plexiglass and give it a try. but I hope that pet heating pad shows up tomorrow for the love of all that is good and holy!

Right so to recap bought a temp adjustable pet heating pad that will be here tomorrow.

Had a issue with a eBay seller turns out their translator (unsure if eBay translates) but the translation from English to German was not good so I ended up using Google translate from English to German which cleared everything up and the apologize from the translation issue and I should have my new bator round the 9th of next month!

Just double checked my incubation notes the first staggered hatch if on time goes into lock down Sunday and hopefully be fully hatched by the 4th of April.

Then the only remaining egg from the second 4 egg staggered hatch goes on lock down the 5th and hopefully fully hatched by the 9th.

Then my naked neck eggs (out of 12 one was not fertile and one quite so I just pulled them) those go on lock down the 9th of April and be fully hatched by the 13th.

And then I have some blue lace wyandonette eggs those go on lock down the 15th and hopefully be hatched on the 19th.

I also bought styrofoam shipping boxes for eggs so I can ship some here in the UK.

Also ended up buying 3 different size leg rings so I can tell which chicks I want to keep back and not sell.

OMG finally they claim the payment for the incubator! Now they inform me item is out of stock and they have a back log for the item and it will not be shipped til after easter! :rant

It is agaist ebay policy to sell items you know you do not have in stock. They did say they would ship it on the 5th and I would get it by the 9th but still you should have told me sooner so I would not be stressing! And the item is still not showing as paid!:he:he:he:rant:rant:rant
:barnie

Back
Top Bottom