Make shift incubator/hatcher?

well I contacted ebay about the payment issue they said on my end it's been paid but unclaimed by the seller and then gave me a ref for paypal. contacted paypal they confirmed that the seller as not claimed the payment. so I have no clue why they told me processing time for paypal credit card payments is 2-3 days. they better take my payment and ship that blasted incubator or give my husband his money back and I'll buy from the UK based company!

20180328_175259_HDR.jpg

I made mine out of a Styrofoam cooler. I have 2 plastic containers in bottom I fill with water for humidity. Wire mesh flooring for eggs to sit on. Lightbulb in top with sliding dimmer switch that controls temp. I also put 2 papertowels along back wall into water containers and spritz with water if need to get humidity up. I do have a small fan (in pic you can see wires on left), It's a small computer fan but I think I put it too low in the wall of cooler as it cools the eggs too much so I don't use, just have a still-air incubator.

20180328_175308.jpg

Here's a pic looking down with lid off. Drawback is temp drops quickly when lid removed but then again, mom isn't on her eggs 24/7 so a couple minutes isn't going to make a difference. Some people have put tubing down from the top to refill water containers so you don't have to take lid off. But I don't have an auto-turner so I need to get in there !

Mine is keeping temp pretty steady with heating pad under the egg (just put one in). Egg feels about the same temp as those in the real incubator. I sweet I'm dumb tho timing to see how long the dang heating pad stays on for and it's printed right on the controller:he. The humidity is really high tho so trying to find a good medium there

View attachment 1314797
I made mine out of a Styrofoam cooler. I have 2 plastic containers in bottom I fill with water for humidity. Wire mesh flooring for eggs to sit on. Lightbulb in top with sliding dimmer switch that controls temp. I also put 2 papertowels along back wall into water containers and spritz with water if need to get humidity up. I do have a small fan (in pic you can see wires on left), It's a small computer fan but I think I put it too low in the wall of cooler as it cools the eggs too much so I don't use, just have a still-air incubator.
What exact item is this?
I am interested in it.

View attachment 1314810
Here's a pic looking down with lid off. Drawback is temp drops quickly when lid removed but then again, mom isn't on her eggs 24/7 so a couple minutes isn't going to make a difference. Some people have put tubing down from the top to refill water containers so you don't have to take lid off. But I don't have an auto-turner so I need to get in there !
Is this hatch happening now?

Back
Top Bottom