Make your own Automatic Rain Water Drinking Center ---Tons of Photos!

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Quote:
What will you use instead of nipples?

I will have water hoses coming out of all of my rain barrels, so that I can use the collected water to fill up all of my gallon and rubber waterers. I have a lot of chickens, duck, geese and turkeys, so I have to dispense the water that way.​

Quote:
Heeeey Now!
THOSE are pretty cool too!

4YGB_2500_game_size_bowl_500.jpg

Quote:
What will you use instead of nipples?

I will have water hoses coming out of all of my rain barrels, so that I can use the collected water to fill up all of my gallon and rubber waterers. I have a lot of chickens, duck, geese and turkeys, so I have to dispense the water that way.

oH thats cool, what ever works.
smile.png

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Quote:
I will have water hoses coming out of all of my rain barrels, so that I can use the collected water to fill up all of my gallon and rubber waterers. I have a lot of chickens, duck, geese and turkeys, so I have to dispense the water that way.

oH thats cool, what ever works.
smile.png

Dido!
celebrate.gif
pop.gif

That is a fantastic setup......too bad it is against the law to collect you rain water in Colorado!

Believe it...I'm not making this up!! I moved here from Illinois and I have never heard of such stupidity!!!

barnie.gif

rant.gif

somad.gif

Joe

BTW......my coop is almost done!

Quote:
Finding a Big HONKIN pickle barrel CHEAP is the real trick...
We happen have a little old guy living nearby who sells them off of his front yard... $15 each!

You can also find them at farmer supply and tractor supply places
but they will NAIL you for $75 each...

We also have a guy here selling them out of the front yard from 15 to 20 depending on the style. I also got one at my feed store for around $25 so not quite as expensive. I have one waiting to be set up as a rain barrel for the front of the house. You can also check craigslist, you might be able to find some on there for cheap.

Quote:
What??? are they saving up all that water just to make crappy coors beer?
I thought Colorado has "crystal clear rain water"... what's up with That?

Quote:
Sooo, WHY have you not yet started a topic with all of your build photos?
rant.gif

Hmmmmmm? well? We are waiting for an explanation....
Are you gonna keep holding out on us?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom