Making a breed of chicken

That’s exacly what I’m saying, it’s extremely difficult to produce blue Eggers with no muffs beard if you start with an EE flock. I’m currently trying to produce a blue egg laying chicken with 260+ egg rate a year that is completely black and the other White, green legs and rose comb, no beard.
I would start with hatchery ameraucanas, because although they're hatchery quality, they still HAVE a standard and are pure, rather than being mixed with whatever. Breed for the smallest beards until they go away. Viola, a black chicken with slate legs, no beards, and a pea comb (which isn't a rose comb but it's pretty close)

That is what I should’ve done but I had already started when I was a kid and am still working on it.
I would start with hatchery ameraucanas, because although they're hatchery quality, they still HAVE a standard and are pure, rather than being mixed with whatever. Breed for the smallest beards until they go away. Viola, a black chicken with slate legs, no beards, and a pea comb (which isn't a rose comb but it's pretty close)

May be true with Meyer's, but not with MPC or Cackle, as they sell them both separately, and the Ams in defined colors.
1613321861566.png

1613321888977.png

1613321936680.png

Back
Top Bottom