making beer and wine or enjoying

fatboys farm

Songster
10 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Franklin GA
i dont drink wine but make some for family and fiends that stop by. i also make dark and pale ale beer. i used to make some whisky but i quit. the beer i make is yellow dog pale ale and black and tan. making anything is too cool. i just made an incubater out of a mini fridge. window. thermostat, pro egg turner, hygrometer, 2 fans, digital temp, dimmer switch and lots of love. yall have a great year.

Me too. I just polished off the 2 gallons of cherry I ran off this summer. I have about 4 gallons of blueberry Ill be finishing up for consumption this weekend. I love my wine. And my wine loves me.

duc.gif

I plead the 5th.
big_smile.png

Our 15 year old has taken an interest in wine making as a few of our neighbors have vineyards. We got him some wine making equipment for Christmas and he is working on a batch of black raspberry right now.

<--------- wine maker.

Don't know if this thread will last (is it appropriate for all ages?) Made Blueberry/grape, Strawberry/watermelon and apple this year. Last years batch was Blueberry/grape and apple. 1st attempt was a concord (big red) from my own vines two years ago almost gone now but I still have a couple of bottles aging. Still going through the learning curve but age cures a lot of mistakes. (or so I'm told). Next year I should have a good crop of white seedless so I'm looking forward to that.

ETA. Sp

Last edited:
Jalapeno, tomato, pear, raspberry, cherry, lots of blackberry and elderberry, orange, banana, white grape, and salsa. The salsa and jalapeno are great for cooking, but we have friends that love it for drinking.
Elderberry, blackberry and rhubarb cordials.
Joe's mead, blueberry mead.
I would love to make beer, but haven't taken the time to try.

I bought my husband a dark ale making kit for christmas so hopefully we will have some beer in a couple of months.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom