Making it legal to own backyard chickens in Levittown, PA

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by cjonesy80, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Julie BearCat

Julie BearCat Hatching

Jul 8, 2014
    Any updates on the status of Bristol Township? I have chickens in Trevose and I want to bring them here...

2. Meytchison

Meytchison In the Brooder

Jun 17, 2014
    Oldsmar,Fl
    My wife is originally from Levittown. Couldn't you pretend to be Amish?

1 person likes this.
  3. Ata1anta

Ata1anta Hatching

Apr 11, 2015
    I just went to a backyard chicken talk at Snipes Farm today. When I look on the Bristol Twp page, no changes since 2012. Any further news?

4. tszabo86

tszabo86 Hatching

Sep 14, 2012
    Where is this petition? Im all for it

5. Jenny1978

Jenny1978 Hatching

Apr 12, 2015
    Hi. I live in Bristol Township and I want to get a couple of chickens too!

6. buneee

buneee Hatching

Aug 10, 2015
    I would love to help with this , I just had to re home my 4 girls because a neighbor , I am heart broken , so please contact me with an update on how you are doing with this and any way I could help with this .sumbuneee @aol.com

oakfordjoey likes this.
  7. Huntergatherr

Huntergatherr Chirping

Nov 20, 2017
    Hulmeville, PA
    What ever happened with this fight?

oakfordjoey likes this.
  8. oakfordjoey

oakfordjoey Chirping

Feb 7, 2019
    Levittown Pa.
    :thumbsup I also live in Levittown and know for a fact my neighbor has chickens and geese I hear them often . Me and my Fiance' want to start a small flock (4-6 hens) I know a lady who works in the Township building I'm going to call her tomorrow 2/21/19 and ask what would actually happen if we get a coop and some hens...... I'll post on here what she tells me........

9. oakfordjoey

oakfordjoey Chirping

Feb 7, 2019
    Levittown Pa.
    ........ Well spoke to the #BRISTOLTOWNSHIPCODEENFORCEMENT and was very abruptly and rudely told 'NO CHICKENS" they will "HUNT DOWN" all perpetrators CONFISCATE and DESTROY any and all ilegal animals and press all appropriate charges!!!!!!!!!

10. Farmdog267

Farmdog267 Chirping

Jan 29, 2019
    Montgomery County Pa
    Bristol Township was a joke. Code enforcement would pick a fight over a trash can in your driveway not having a lid while the neighbor across the street had 4 dead cars leaking fluids everywhere. I used to live in West Bristol very close to Ordini pools. I converted a dog house for them to live in. Only had 2 and it did well. (We had 2 dogs also.) The hens could get outside and get fresh air and grass and room to play without people seeing them except if they were above them as the yard area was enclosed on the sides but had an open roof. I had them in this housing for about 3 years before I moved into Berks County. Good luck! Falls township recently had a big victory with that one family being told they were allowed to keep them. As long as you dont get a rooster and keep the area clean, you should be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: