Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

How can we account for the girl I posted above with the messy lacing? only her mother was laced?

Sorry to derail @U_Stormcrow. I promise not to do it again.
I didn't think you had derailed. Give it no thought. I assure you you, I can easily put this train on *some* track with but a single posting. ;)

How can we account for the girl I posted above with the messy lacing? only her mother was laced?

Sorry to derail @U_Stormcrow. I promise not to do it again.

Recessives can be hidden for many generations. :)

What I've read about pattern genes indicates that there is a wild array of assorted factors that interfere with and reinforce each other. But the expert advice I was given said that laced vs not-laced *functions* as a simple recessive. :)

Lacing is recessive so when I cross the SLW's to the Australorps I will get no lacing at all in the F1.

Then I cross them to each other and the F2 will have some lacing and some Australorp traits.

Then back to the Australorps.

Lather, rinse, repeat until I get something like an Australorp with lacing. Then work on the quality of said lacing. :D

The hard part mentally is going to be *knowing* that the pattern genes are there even though I can't see them.
Lacing is recessive
Thought Lacing was Semi Dominant.

One copy gives a messy pattern, 2 copies clarifies it.

Silver Laced Wyandottes are S/S, or  FemaleS/- E^R/E^R, Db/Db, Ml/Ml, CO/CO, Pg/Pg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom