Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Thank you all. We've know it was coming for a long time. Our 20# rescue dog was getting 12 units of insulin, twice daily and still dropped 7# in 12 months and went blind. Holding him as he was let go was the kindest thing we could do for him, once he reached the point he couldn't stand without falling. He was in no pain.

For reference, please not that he started at 5 units, once daily, maybe 20 months ago.

In other news, we are due to go sub freezing in a couple days - chickens don't care, nor do the goats, the rabbits, or the ducks. The plants I just bought, and the seedlings I planted two weeks ago? They both need greenhouses, so I need to get to it. Thought I had another week.

Have a great morning all

I'm sorry for you and the wife's loss. That kind of stuff always hits me hard.

The plants I just bought, and the seedlings I planted two weeks ago? They both need greenhouses, so I need to get to it.
I've got 2 gardens pretty full right now too. Most things are fairly mature now though. I've got broccoli that needs picking right now but it is chilly this morning.

What did you plant?

Broccoli, kale, chard, bok choy, red (purple) cabbage, chinese cabbage (basically, napa), and two varieties of green (white) cabbage - an early and a late), beets, carrots. Also trying to protect some oregano (I know, it will come back - stuff is unkillable once established) and some basil I still need to harvest.

The stuff I just bought is a cold hardy bananna, two pawpaws (cold hard, once established - these are still in pots), and a pair or purple passion fruits.

Back
Top Bottom