Making my own coop/run. Am I doing it right?

Quote: Well, it's not just when they lay an egg, but after they are old enough to lay...
.....they can go on for what seems like hours just a jabberin, a squawkin, a moanin, and a groanin about who knows what.
It can be very funny, until it gets annoying as all get out.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread.

I know this will sound rude, but...
I couldn't care less about noise. I'm surrounded by neighbors with dogs who bark at all hours. Cats that use my garden as a litter box. And a rabbit who raises H E double hockey sticks on my veggies. No amount of talking does any good with these folks. So if I got crazy ***** LOUD birds, so be it.

depends on your area

just check the city laws

they should have a noise ordinance in place

for example around here.. barking dog will be handled by the police. The police will check on the house being reported and ask if they can stop their dogs from barking.

continuously making noises at ANY TIME (unless you have a permit- like builders or contractors working on some projects) is illegal around here

after multiple reports and repeated occurrences ... the neighbors can sign off on it and animal control will take the animal away if the owner refused to do anything.

there's also smell ordinance. .which is why i clean out my coop/run each day to control the smell

depends on your area

just check the city laws

they should have a noise ordinance in place

for example around here..  barking dog will be handled by the police. The police will check on the house being reported and ask if they can stop their dogs from barking.

continuously making noises at ANY TIME (unless you have a permit- like builders or contractors working on some projects) is illegal around here

after multiple reports and repeated occurrences ... the neighbors can sign off on it and animal control will take the animal away if the owner refused to do anything.

there's also smell ordinance. .which is why i clean out my coop/run each day to control the smell

There are ordinances here and I've scoped them out.
I'm joking, for the most part.
I'm hoping all goes well and my family and I can enjoy our birds without any nonsense.

Well, it's not just when they lay an egg, but after they are old enough to lay...
.....they can go on for what seems like hours just a jabberin, a squawkin, a moanin, and a groanin about who knows what.
It can be very funny, until it gets annoying as all get out.

Apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread.

this might be a problem..

i hope it's not too loud that the neighbors can hear it.... and please not at night!

I see. Thanks for that. I would NEVER have given that any consideration.
Placement reconsidered.
Thanks for the reply.

for now i'll just cover up those areas for them each night but i have to find something to cover those areas (blocking the light but not the ventilation)

in the arizona heat you need as much ventilation as you can in 100-120 degree heat..

Back
Top Bottom