Making New Dog Breeds

idunno.gif
pop.gif

I work in a dog grooming salon and well...before I worked there I liked labs ok...after 5 months I'm convinced that they are one of the worst dogs. They always jump on people and they always pull on their leashes so hard that they choke themselves even when they are NOT trying to go somewhere. I often have to wrap my arms around them to hold them down so they will start breathing. Many of the labs that I have seen have even gone to training classes and they are still uncontrollable...sweet but...uncontrollable. Sorry people who like labs... but you probably know what I'm talking about.
sad.png

I was thinking that they should cross Huskies with Labs so because of the Lab's insane desire to pull at full strength. Not even Huskies will pull until they are choking.

Last edited:
Quote:
I really used to think that way about Labs, until I began showing in conformation and performance events, and had the pleasure of experiencing well-bred Labs handled by people who knew what they were doing. Those dogs are a JOY to be around. I think that the breed is just so popular that every Tom, Dick & Harry wants to own one, and they have no business with a working dog.

Also--you gotta wonder (or at least I do, since I am owned by a pack of HIGH-maintenance hairdo dogs) about people bring their Labs to be professionally groomed...I'd be suspicious that they're paying you to do it because they can't handle the job themselves, which would give you a clue as to their general level of dog-savviness. Ya know?
tongue.png

Although, I know people who will pay for a vet visit just to have their dog's nails clipped or picky glands expressed.
idunno.gif

UNTRAINED labs (or Irish Setter, or Brittney Spaniels, etc.....) ARE a pain when they are young. They DON'T understand their own size and still think they are cute cuddly puppies. Of course, if you spend time with them and train them, they are wonderful. Like Ninja says, it's more of an owner problem than a breed problem.

Quote:
Untrained anything is the owner problem, Especially the pocket book dogs whose owners think it only a little be it in your yard, on the kitchen floor in the isle at the store. Isnt it cute?? ( Bad thing is they never get trained otherwise). NO how bout my lab comes and takes a dump in the middle of your living room, wait mine wont due that except at home, if visiting takes 2 days before she goes.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom