Making the coop/run area pretty - show me what you’ve done

I will remember to post them. It's hard to find them using my phone to search.
Many say to use a spray adhesive or mod podge to seal the edges before painting. That is totally not necessary as long as you use very little paint at a time.
Florida sun fades things pretty fast, so I would probably use a UV protector. And I totally get it. I prefer my PC for any real search beyond a quick n dirty

Florida sun fades things pretty fast, so I would probably use a UV protector. And I totally get it. I prefer my PC for any real search beyond a quick n dirty

Even outdoor house type paint can be used.....without fading.
It's what I used on the rooster.

I was just messing around when I made that one. I had too much paint on my brush and had a lot of bleed under when doing that one. I have some very detailed small stencils that I've been practicing with and using the very dry brush the details are not lost and there's very little bleed under. It's a lot easier than you think.

This is a really quick video showing 2 techniques to stencil. She had a temporary spray adhesive on the stencil to hold it in place but note she didn't go through and press every edge firmly in place.
The first one is my preferred method. I don't do adhesive spray but I use painters tape to hold it in position.

This is a really quick video showing 2 techniques to stencil. She had a temporary spray adhesive on the stencil to hold it in place but note she didn't go through and press every edge firmly in place.
The first one is my preferred method. I don't do adhesive spray but I use painters tape to hold it in position.

Thanks so much for that! This will probably last longer than vinyl stickers (albeit less forgiving in placement). Now I just need to find some stencils that we like that are rather large. I'm gonna practice a few times on non-visible locations.

Thanks so much for that! This will probably last longer than vinyl stickers (albeit less forgiving in placement). Now I just need to find some stencils that we like that are rather large. I'm gonna practice a few times on non-visible locations.

How flat are the walls? I found they really need a flat surface to work best.

We added a mural to the wall behind our run. I enjoy the brightness it brings to the run, plus the ladies get a rooster to gaze at :D the solar lights are a favorite of mine too.
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg
IMG_3511.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom