Making the most of it.

Pics
The reason I tried this recipe is after reading the many reviews online a lot of people said the the recipes that use the whole bar tend to eat away at the clothes. Essence oil doesn't matter. It doesn't penetrate the clothes cause you are putting it in oil eating wash

Nope. I used the standard formula: 1 bar, 1 C. Washing soda, and 1 C Borax. Enough water to fill a kitty litter bucket to within 2" of the top. I think I'll dilute it down a bit more when I put it in my pump jugs. I have reactive airway disease, so the slightest smells set me off.

Nope. I used the standard formula: 1 bar, 1 C. Washing soda, and 1 C Borax. Enough water to fill a kitty litter bucket to within 2" of the top. I think I'll dilute it down a bit more when I put it in my pump jugs. I have reactive airway disease, so the slightest smells set me off.
How many gallons is that?

I didn't measure, but I'm guessing it's about 4.5 gallons. Now, you've got me wondering. I'll have to measure one of those buckets. It's a rectangular yellow Tidy Cat litter bucket. I could fill one and dump it into a 5 gal. bucket. then, it would be easy to measure the volume using a yard stick. So, worse case scenario, I'd have to dilute it down when i put it into my pump bottles. I tried some of this recipe from a friend, and found that 2 oz. did a great job in my front load washer. So this stuff should last at least a year!

I have very hard water, and find that my dish washer is very finicky, and dishes often don't get clean, even with pre rinse. I've started adding a few drops of hand washing dish liquid to the DW gel, and find that it makes ALL the difference in the world! Such a simple little thing! Next up: find a good recipe for DW gel.

Back
Top Bottom