Making the most of it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lindalouly, Aug 4, 2015.

1. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

I have awaken to two cute little babies. I have three other pips started too. So I am going to try my hardest to not have my face glued to the incubater. Just yesterday I thought I had killed all the eggs.

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Not all cats are mean. I have a cat that loves on me when she is in the mood, and stays clear of humans when she is not.

My mother had a cat that ambushed everybody. Her favorite spot was the back of Moma's easy chair. It was positioned so that you had to walk past it to enter the living room. She would claw you when you walked past. One day Moma was outside and the cat reached out and clawed me. I picked her up by the scruff, punched her in the face a couple of times and put her back on the chair. She never bothered me again........

3. lindalouly

Lol. I know that not all cats are mean. I think I was having a moment.

4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    <thumbsup>!!
    Go ahead and watch.....and post some pics of bator and chicks.

5. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Flock Master

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to cats/dogs. Been dogless for years, so get all mushy when I see one. I'll drop to the floor, or sidewalk, and give hugs, belly rubs, get face licks... from a total stranger (dog, that is!) always with the owner's permission, of course. But, my cat is a great buddy. He'll often take a flying leap of faith and leap up to chest height expecting me to catch him. Never with claws out. He's never "moody". IMO, females tend to be the B*****s.

6. lindalouly

I have four little babies now and I egg with a pip and 4 eggs doing nothing. This has turned out a lot better than I was expecting.

7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    And it's not even 24 hours from the first pip.....couple days to go...they may all hatch!
    Is the brooder ready?

8. lindalouly

The brooder is ready.

9. lindalouly

Going to bed with seven little chickpea singing at me. The other two eggs have not pipped. Tomorrow I shall put them in a brooder!!!! My nieces were way happy to see them!!!

10. lindalouly

I still have the eggs in the bater but I just want to express my joy before bed... Went from thinking I was going to have to do 9 eggtopsies... Down to two. I used an incubater many thought would fail.. But we did it!!!! And I learned so much along the way. Thank you for cheering on the chicks!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by