Making the most of it.

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lindalouly, Aug 4, 2015.

1. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch Premium Member

Good! The posts you have should suffice, then.
    If you decide down the road to put up a permanent fence, I'd suggest going to a longer, heavy duty post that has a length above the cleat (the flat plate near the bottom) equal to the height of the wire.

2. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is this right?

3. kwhites634

Looks right from here. You might want to put a heavy duty post next to the gate, so you can stretch the wire fence tight without bending the posts you have.

4. kwhites634

What kind of soil are you working with? Can you dig a hole fairly easily, or is it clay, or rock just below the surface

5. lindalouly

RIght or wrong. It is now up and secure until I can make a hoop coop at some point. When there is a will there is a way and its not so bad looking either,.

6. attimus

attimus Chillin' With My Peeps

Looking good. Don't worry about hieght. I had a 6' roll over 5' stakes and it keep the girls out of the gardne

7. lindalouly

MMichael came home and helped me stretch it out better.. Still got to make a gate but I have a piece of ply wood there for now to keep them in. Im tuckered.

8. lindalouly

Tomorrow, pick up crap in the yard and do some porch repairs... if the weather cooperates.

9. lindalouly

It is really rocky.

10. lindalouly

The lady at homedepot told me these were the good posts.... bummmmmmer...... I should have had you guys send me pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by