Making the most of it.

Sweet, are you gonna creat sex link eggs with those?
Nope just gonna raise Dominiques. Theoretically they can already be sexed when they hatch, I'm just not very good at it. I got my eggs from http://www.nantahala-farm.com/chicken-dominique-chicks-sex-link-s.shtml so hopefully these ones will be easier to sex. I'm not as ambitious with my chickens as Sally is
lau.gif

No, I think I would like to try and breed them to sell at some point in the future but I will always have a mixed laying flock.
For some reason, I prefer brown eggs; always have. I've had BR's in the past, but have always had RIR's or RSL's. Only reason I got Jess' BCM is to eventually get a darker brown

For some reason, I prefer brown eggs; always have. I've had BR's in the past, but have always had RIR's or RSL's. Only reason I got Jess' BCM is to eventually get a darker brown

Yea I prefer the brown as well or anything but white. But it's gotta be a dual purpose bird. Dominiques lay a brown egg.

This is going to sound strange, but I'm not big on processing something I've been feeding. I've done it, several times, but I tend to avoid it.
I currently don't have a problem doing it. I guess I'm still able to detach myself from them to some aspect. That's not to say I don't feel anything doing it but rather I'm able to get through those feelings and do what I raised them for. Either they are feeding me with there eggs or with there bodies because that is what I raised them for, not as pets but as food being the end game.

Back
Top Bottom