making throwing up motion

TreyClark281

Songster
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
around Katy, Tx
my chicken is making a throwing up motion and panting what is wrong with her????

i had 2 other chickens and they did the same thing before they died but the others where really out of it, they didnt resond to anything, this chicken is resonding but still doing the throw up motion thing.

Trey,
I haven't a clue...
sad.png

Could the chicks have something stuck in their throat? The throwing up motion may be an attempt to dislodge something. Because this chick will probably die like the others, you may want to go ahead and do some thorough checking of it.
I'm sorry about your situation. You should probably google poultry diseases. See if you find anything that matches the chicks symptoms. I'd hate to see the rest of your flock catch this, also, if it's a disease.
You may also want to remove the healthy chickens and thoroughly clean the coop.

Good luck! And keep us up to date.

Carla

Could it be either gape worm or CRD? You're suppose to be able to see gape worms by opening the chickens mouth and looking down it's throat. They are red I think. Oh, and I think they can also have bubbles in their eyes or something.
Hopefully someone who knows more will be along to help soon.

i also have a question similar to that. it seems like after rain and bad humidity, our chicks make a throwing up motion like they cant breathe. they soon die afterwards. we assume that is might me pneumonia or something?

Hannah

Back
Top Bottom