Making weird sounds- quick video-please help

Quote:
thanks so much for your advice, but i am new and have no ideal what scratch is..... and how much aspirin?? thanks again jan

If all your chickens are about 5 months old, don't feed them the big grains, try feeding them the laying pellets. Scratch is just a term for chicken food made out of a mix of cracked corn and other grains.

I call cracked corn "scratch," and it sometimes makes my hens sneeze when they eat it. I have one who has been wheezing and making funny sounds so I'm following your thread, too. Good luck, she's a beautiful bird.

Quote:
thanks for asking. she is the same she eats and drinks but still does that all day long. she seems to do it more when she is up and moving.it has been over a week now and i still cant figure out what is wrong..... do you think she has worms? and what should i use and where do i get it? thanks again. jan

My school of thought has always been "don't treat medicinally unless you are postive there is a need to".
old.gif
If you are not seeing any worms in her throat or in her fecal matter than I would hold off. Have you been able to do a swipe at her throat with a Q-tip for Gapeworms?

No eggs have been layed? Maybe she's a late blooming he?
ep.gif

If she is eating and drinking fine, pooing good, and not losing weight, tired, listless, or smelly- I would do nothing!
pop.gif

Enjoy and watch! It won't be the first time on this forum something strange is going on and there is no explanation!!
yippiechickie.gif

Lisa

I looked at the video a couple of times. I wonder if there could be a slug stuck in her throat. I lost one that choked to death on one. Don't know, just suggesting.
idunno.gif
Hope she is ok.

thanks all you guys,,, she is still doing that crazy thing but she doesnt do it as much as before.. maybe its just something she does... i will keep in touch... hey if you deworm on wazine can you still eat the eggs???? jan

peeps doing better. i did take the cracked corn away. she still does it alittle but not nearly as bad as she was and she only does it a couple times a day..thanks again for all the support i got

thanks for all your help... peeps is doing fine.. havent done that movement for a day now... i did take the crack corn away and that seem to do the trick.. now i have another question,, are the plant mums poisonous to chickens??? thanks jan

Back
Top Bottom