Making Your Own Chick Feed?

Nope they haven't replied back to me but now I have someone emailing me from Pakistan wanting a green peafowl pair. I would like a green peafowl pair too haha. I only have one green.

lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Had no idea your reputation had become so international
clap.gif

Nope they haven't replied back to me but now I have someone emailing me from Pakistan wanting a green peafowl pair. I would like a green peafowl pair too haha. I only have one green.
I have a person from Portugal wanting peafowl varieties I don't have from me. I told them I won't have those peafowl for at least another 8 years at least. They said they'll wait, and I told them ok and will when I learn how international shipping works.

I was emailed today while I was at school by someone who I figure is in or near India based on their name and their question. They were asking me this:

I hesitated to reply because I was at school and I was not really sure off of the top of my head what is in peachick feed. They emailed me again wanting an answer so I decided to go ahead and explain to them that I just buy the feed and I told them all I know which is I use a medicated chick starter around 18% and it is crumbles.

This was their reply:

So here I am reaching out to the community to answer this one because I have no idea what to tell them. I am wondering if they might have to consider having chick feed shipped to them since they do not have a local bird feed source.
idunno.gif

For the protein level peafowl need as well as other nutrients, for plant based protein they would need legumes. Some examples of Legumes would include alfalfa and clover. Seeds and insects can also give them the nutrients they need.

@MinxFox , this person was looking for peachick feeding info, right? That would explain a lot... and there are countries, I think, where commercial animal feeds just aren't as available. Good grief, even the local feed store where I go isn't familiar with pea-specific requirements. Tractor Supply folks don't know either...

Sigh. There was quite the thread/discussion on here awhile back about formulating pea diets and sourcing ingredients. I'll look for it.
caf.gif

This feed satisfies my peafowl requirements. I offer oyster shells as a precaution during breeding season to prevent egg bound.

Another thing that can help with mixing feed rations is using a Pearson's Square. I can teach everyone how to do it if interested.

Back
Top Bottom