Malay Chat Thread

If you are breeding through an improvement program it's better to introduce diversity or improve traits through a subline and then to maintain both genetic diversity and the improvements keep 3 to 4 families in a maintainence program for clan mating. Once you establish a family and maintain a sufficient population it should be able to propagate itself continuously without adding new blood. U have a large variety of birds so keeping detailed records and enough space to do this might be difficult
I have a main family group mainly made up of my F1s, F2s, & one F0, or parent cross.
Then I have my new Buff Orpingtons that I added. Brought out the partridge in my Orpingtons through a back cross.

Mystery Chicken how did your research go with roost designs. I bought a few Shamo with bent keels but none of chickens I've bred had issues I don't give anything for them to roost on. I found different answers some info I've found says wide roost other state roost with no edges. What do you use?

Mystery Chicken how did your research go with roost designs. I bought a few Shamo with bent keels but none of chickens I've bred had issues I don't give anything for them to roost on. I found different answers some info I've found says wide roost other state roost with no edges. What do you use?
I'm using regular roosts made of young cedar trees, or branches. I want to use a flat, or square roost but lumber is really expensive right now.

Back
Top Bottom