Malay thread

Pics
Saw my first Malay in real life the other day. Was actually contacting the breeder about Ko Shamo, breeder turned out to be the grandson of my favorite Silkie breeder, we got to chatting and I ended up finding out he had a pair of Malay on hand. I got a chance to see them when I went to pick up the Kos form him - they were so stunning and just as huge as people say! Cock must have been 28-30 inches tall. He also had seven or eight chicks from the pair, so young and cute but already tall as heck!

He's the only breeder I've found in the state so I'm hoping that when he has some available l'll be able to snag a pair and finally have my dream breed.

Last edited:
Most people say that Malays are gentle giants. Well that is what I thought about mine to until they got up to breeding age and it was like someone flipped a switch. I found out real fast when my males got right around breeding age to separate them. I had to make sure they could not see each other between pens to. Yesterday my cock bird waited till I opened the door to the pen that joined his and he made a dash for the other Malay cock next to him. I have a few cuts from trying to separate them. My Malays have the gaminess in them.

Most people say that Malays are gentle giants. Well that is what I thought about mine to until they got up to breeding age and it was like someone flipped a switch. I found out real fast when my males got right around breeding age to separate them. I had to make sure they could not see each other between pens to. Yesterday my cock bird waited till I opened the door to the pen that joined his and he made a dash for the  other Malay cock next to him. I have a few cuts from trying to separate them. My Malays have the gaminess in them.

Woo boy sounds like you've got plenty of troublemakers! I had always heard that Malay were the least gamey of Orientals but I guess not. I can't say I'd mind! It may make it harder to keep them but I love their spirit. So cool to see such fierceness in birds.

I have a 3ft plywood divider between the door of my pens so the cocks could not see each other. Well they grew to 30 to 31" tall and they started fighting threw the wire over the 36" plywood so I placed some chicken sacks another 12" more covering the wire to make it 4ft high. I went in there the other day and the cocks were covered in blood. They were jumping up and fighting through the wire with that at 4ft high. Those birds can jump.

I have 3 Malay roosters and 4 Malay hens for sale or trade. These were hatched last April.  P.M. me if you're interested.
Pictures please
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom