Malay thread

Pics

Here's Tin Can, photo taken behind a blue backdrop. He's 91.6 cm tall and is approved by the APA. He looks aggressive but he is such a chicken to people. Different sotry with fellow roosters..

Uh... isn't that the picture from Storey's Illustrated Guide to Chicken Breeds?

Must be fun to have such a famous chicken. Though that pic was taken from before 2007, he must be very old now.

Uh... isn't that the picture from Storey's Illustrated Guide to Chicken Breeds?

Must be fun to have such a famous chicken. Though that pic was taken from before 2007, he must be very old now.

Yes, someone finally figured it out! :lol: He's not very famous anymore, but some can still recognize him. I think that these are his last years. Most of the other chooks in that ol' book have passed away already, but one of my close friends still owns the Lemon Blue OEGB cock somewhere in the guide. It's comb is dubbed. The mottled hen beside him has passed as well; Marek's Disease sometime ago.

I refer to more recent references and I didn't know some folks still have this one! The pages look wrinkly, old indeed.

Yes, someone finally figured it out! :lol: He's not very famous anymore, but some can still recognize him. I think that these are his last years. Most of the other chooks in that ol' book have passed away already, but one of my close friends still owns the Lemon Blue OEGB cock somewhere in the guide. It's comb is dubbed. The mottled hen beside him has passed as well; Marek's Disease sometime ago.

I refer to more recent references and I didn't know some folks still have this one! The pages look wrinkly, old indeed.

That's very neat. Got any more pictures of him? He's stunning.

That's very neat. Got any more pictures of him? He's stunning.

This one is from my old site in 2011. Still quite an old picture, he looks shorter than usual too. I apologize that I cannot snap anymore photos of him, as he needs his rest at the moment, he's a bit ill, poor fella has some respiratory problems. (But still at the top of the pecking order ^-^)

After a long thought through decision I am going to get out of the chicken business. I am on a fixed income and it is costing me to much to feed my birds and myself at times. I have several adult Malays to choose from and some juveniles and chicks. I also have some Malay cross chicks to. Asil x Malay, Blue Barnvelder x Malay, Turken x Malay, and just a few Malgashe x Malay. I also have other birds to choose from also. I am not NPIP so I can't ship out of state but if you are near East Tennessee here is your chance to get some nice birds. PM me if you are interested and I will send pictures and prices of birds.

After a long thought through decision I am going to get out of the chicken business. I am on a fixed income and it is costing me to much to feed my birds and myself at times. I have several adult Malays to choose from and some juveniles and chicks. I also have some Malay cross chicks to. Asil x Malay, Blue Barnvelder x Malay, Turken x Malay, and just a few Malgashe x Malay. I also have other birds to choose from also. I am not NPIP so I can't ship out of state but if you are near East Tennessee here is your chance to get some nice birds. PM me if you are interested and I will send pictures and prices of birds.

interested in eggs if you have any. I'm I'm CA so I can't get any adult birds.

Hello everyone. Many of you asked me through PM to update you constantly on how Tin-Can was faring. On May 23rd of 2016, Tin-Can was found deceased in the chicken coop. He lived an amazing 18 years at the top of the pecking order.

After examining the body, I found out that he had inhaled lots of sawdust and wood debris content (the poor fella already had respiratory problems). May his soul rest in the highest place of bird heaven, never to be forgotten, ever.

R.I.P Tin-Can
You will never be forgotten.

(I'll try to get a picture of his grave today)

Back
Top Bottom