Malay thread

Pics
Anyone ever caponize Malay cockerels?
I have actually! I did it the old method, a straw with a horsehair running through it in a loop to lasso the testicle. Caponization helps in long term, as they can be very aggressive. However, since some people use Malays as a meat breed, I see how that could be helpful as well.

I have actually! I did it the old method, a straw with a horsehair running through it in a loop to lasso the testicle. Caponization helps in long term, as they can be very aggressive. However, since some people use Malays as a meat breed, I see how that could be helpful as well.

I've always had a interest in the breed, but don't think I could handle breeding them at this time.
Someone not too far from me mentioned they have them a couple yrs ago, 'maranfarmer563'. Just got thinking it would be pretty awesome to have a big tall Malay capon hanging out with the flock for yard candy, as long as it took the aggressiveness out. Love the reactions I get when someone stops by and is shocked by the size of my white jersey giant rooster. Would be pretty neat to have a bird even taller.
I know caponizing knocks the fight right out of a cockerel, just want to make sure it does with the Malay before thinking any further about it.
How's the temperament of Malay hens as far as a mixed flock?

Looking for Malay chicks out of Thornton, Pa? We used to have them years ago. Would like to have them again.

Last edited:
Looking for Malay chicks out of Thornton, Pa? We used to have them years ago. Would like to have them again.

@maranfarmer563 had a few he was breeding as of a couple yrs ago, may still have Malay. I haven't run into him in awhile not sure if he's still on here. He is located in northern PA.

Got my first pair this past weekend.

Back
Top Bottom