Malay thread

My birds are very cold tolerant. My goals are to breed a color line such as my Blue Laced Red Hen. And get my Blue line perfected. As well as my Black Breasted Red male

Had 3 Malay chicks hatched this weekend. I saw the parents when I picked up the eggs. Dad was dark and the hens were light but I was still surprised to get 3 very yellow chicks.

One of my Malay hens went broody and set on 9 eggs. After around 1 week I saw a broken egg on the ground near her nest. Over the next 7-10 days I saw three other broken eggs on the ground. None of these seemed to have any signs of a developing chick. That left her with 5 eggs. 3 hatched yesterday. I checked her nest tonight and the 2 remaining eggs have pipped. Did this hen recognize the bad eggs or was this just coincidental? Have any of you seen this in your hatches?

I am looking for a young male Malay chick/juvie that's already showing that it's probably going to be tall. I want one young enough to be tamed and socialized :) I am especially after anything multicolored. Mottled, spangled, paint, millie, ect. Old enough that you'll ship it by itself. It's getting pretty warm here. I am in Utah. If anyone has a handsome boy they think I would like, please let me know. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom