~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
S would it be best to cull and not take the risk of breeding? I don't want to get rid of him and end up spreading the malformation if it is genetic.

Shavon,
frow.gif

I truly don't know. I haven't researched ingrown combs. I don't know if it is genetic or not--but maybe so, since it was only associated with the males that were frizzled...not the females....and none of the smooth feather birds. I doubt it is the result of diet since everybody was eating the same and I've never had it in hundreds of birds. If you don't want to cull your little cockerel, keep him on until you research the situation more. Side note--I did try to work the points out...it just wouldn't happen on mine.

June are you coming next weekend? If so, I may bring him for you to look at. He is a curious little booger and loves attention. I'd hate to cull because he has a great personality, but I don't want him to pass on any defects.

Quote:
Shavon,
frow.gif

I truly don't know. I haven't researched ingrown combs. I don't know if it is genetic or not--but maybe so, since it was only associated with the males that were frizzled...not the females....and none of the smooth feather birds. I doubt it is the result of diet since everybody was eating the same and I've never had it in hundreds of birds. If you don't want to cull your little cockerel, keep him on until you research the situation more. Side note--I did try to work the points out...it just wouldn't happen on mine.

June are you coming next weekend? If so, I may bring him for you to look at. He is a curious little booger and loves attention. I'd hate to cull because he has a great personality, but I don't want him to pass on any defects.

Shavon,

No, I won't be able to make it to POOPS this year....I'll be working that day. Keep your baby...you obviously love him and there's a lot worse things than an inverted comb.

I am wondering what feeders you are using for pairs in wire cages. I am using the quart jars but they waste most of it.

hit.gif
I feel for you i just went through the same thing my heart goes out to you and i''l say a little word for your roo god bless .
Quote:

bobbyc1970,
So sorry to read about your loss. I lost one of my roosters too, my Cocopop (Pops). Made me just feel sick inside. I had moved them all out in large, raised wire pens with a big roof on the pen, they had a roost and plenty of room to get in the sun or shade, or get out of the rain if it was blowing, the pens are 3 by 6 for a trio. They were fine till the last storms and we had lightening hitting right by the house. I have no idea what happened but I found him laying in the corner soaking wet. He hadn't been ill, no injury found but I wondered if the lightening didn't startle him into running into the corner and breaking his neck. His neck was "loose" but I couldn't tell if if was broken or it was limp because he had just died. I traded Copper off just a week before so I just have the 2 roosters, T-Roo and Blu-T who are full brothers. I'm waiting to buy another rooster until I find a black that suits me that I can afford. Dang it all <sigh>.

We get so attached, and they become such special little friends. I lost a big Buff Orp last summer, our very first layer, in a heatwave. She was 8 months old. I cried for a week, and more recently some chicks that had issues when they hatched. Its just heartbreaking.

hugs.gif
Hugs to you Bobby.. I'm so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom