Male Chicks?

FYI- There is a new technology that effectively kills developing males very early on while they are still in the egg. Not sure how far it has come along for actual use by hatcheries yet. It is theoretically more humane than destroying fully formed chicks, but still has pluses and minuses.

It is covered in another thread: Bye Bye Boys

FYI- There is a new technology that effectively kills developing males very early on while they are still in the egg. Not sure how far it has come along for actual use by hatcheries yet. It is theoretically more humane than destroying fully formed chicks, but still has pluses and minuses.

It is covered in another thread: Bye Bye Boys
That is strange. They are still killing the chick tho so I dont get how it makes a difference.

If only we had a breed that didn't crow. Like the basenji of chickens. Something like that could perhaps turn the tables on the equation.
If only we had actually kind humans on this planet. To throw a newborn baby chick into a shredder means they have no soul. A living sentient being is more important than "making money"

That is strange. They are still killing the chick tho so I dont get how it makes a difference.
Some people see a difference between destroying a fully formed chick and a blastomere (pre-embryo) that can't feel any pain. Maybe you don't. In that case, you have the right to hatch your own chicks and raise the males as you see fit.

No one is happy about the situation. They are just looking for the "most humane" way to get eggs without having to feed/raise a bunch of roosters from breeds that can't compete with meat birds.

Some people see a difference between destroying a fully formed chick and a blastomere (pre-embryo) that can't feel any pain. Maybe you don't. In that case, you have the right to hatch your own chicks and raise the males as you see fit.

No one is happy about the situation. They are just looking for the "most humane" way to get eggs without having to feed/raise a bunch of roosters.
I dont think people are worthy of eggs if they pay for baby chicks to die. At least my roosters can all grow up happy

Wow what garbage people. Im glad I stopped buying from large hatcheries and now I only hatch my own. All these hatcheries act like they are soo innocent but nope! 🤬
What do you want them to do with excessive roosters?

The wildlife refuge I work at gets shipments of frozen dead chicks (mostly males) from large hatcheries to feed to the carnivores.

Back
Top Bottom