Male coturnix aggression?

Hungarianquail

Songster
Mar 17, 2018
At what age will male coturnix start displaying aggression toward other males? Mines are only 2 weeks old and I don't even know how many males vs females I have yet. I was just wondering and couldn't really find an answer online.

Mine are showing aggression now they are 5 - 6 weeks old. Unfortunately, all my chicks were male. I have had to separate two pairs of birds from the rest of the flock. Most of my boys have bald heads.

Mine are showing aggression now they are 5 - 6 weeks old. Unfortunately, all my chicks were male. I have had to separate two pairs of birds from the rest of the flock. Most of my boys have bald heads.
All males? What are the odds? How many all together?

I have 12 males in an 8sqft cage that are 26 days old. They are super chill. I'm curious to see how long I will be able to keep them this way....

Mine are 5 weeks and just starting to act like aggressive idiots. 7 males 3 females. So far they mainly just chase each other around and a few have started crowing. I’m hoping I can go a few weeks before having to butcher, but we’ll see.

Yes, males will be aggressive towards each other. I have a dozen males. Some of them now have little bald heads. In the Xl dog crate I use for a cage, I now have an upper level with 2 birds that get along together (but were being picked on in the group). I also had to remove 2 aggressive birds from the group to their own enclosure where they have an uneasy peace. The crate has a bunch of stuff for them to hide in and play around.

Back
Top Bottom