Male & Female Narragansett Turkeys?

ladyeccowolf

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 22, 2013
Ohio
My husband and I purchased 4 Narragansett turkeys from Plum Run Poultry here in Ohio. Unfortunately only 2 survived shipping. We were disappointed, especially since we were hoping for a breeding pair. The 2 surviving turkeys are 1 month old here in this photo. We are thinking that maybe we lucked out and these two are a male and female. The snoods appear to be the same size, however the tail feathers are different sizes. One has longer tail feathers than the other. Those who raise turkeys, what do you think?

I think they were both girls. Neither of them strutted and their snood stayed relatively small. Unfortunately, they were two months old when an unknown predator got them.
hit.gif
I'll have to wait till I add more security on our farm and then purchase more turkeys in March when the farmer breeds them again.
You know, out of all the birds I raise, my husband and I completely fell in love with the turkeys. They were so comical and such snugglers. They would love to be petted and would jump in our lap to cuddle. Sometimes, we'd bring them inside to sit with us on the couch. They liked laying on our laps or laying in the dog bed. Their favorite treat was peaches from the local farm stand. *sigh* We miss them.

Back
Top Bottom