Male or female - New mom is suspicious

annaveas

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
South Jersey
Looking for the experienced to put my worries away:

7 weeks old RIR. Growing comb over night and noticing some coloring and behaviors that are making me question.

Male or female:

That's what I was afraid of! Thank you for your opinion. We only have four so if one is a rooster should I look for a replacement now while they are young or do I just carry on with three?

That's what I was afraid of! Thank you for your opinion. We only have four so if one is a rooster should I look for a replacement now while they are young or do I just carry on with three?

You could see if the feed store or hatchery you got him from has a policy to give you a refund or replacement. Though most hatcheries will give refunds if you ordered sexed pullets that turned out to be cockerels. It's up to your decision. :)

You could see if the feed store or hatchery you got him from has a policy to give you a refund or replacement. Though most hatcheries will give refunds if you ordered sexed pullets that turned out to be cockerels. It's up to your decision. :)

We bought them from a local farm so maybe I'll wait to another week or so an see he can add him to his flock and maybe trade. Thanks for your help!

We bought them from a local farm so maybe I'll wait to another week or so an see he can add him to his flock and maybe trade. Thanks for your help!
If they were sold as pullets they should cheerfully make it right for you. I'd contact them sooner rather than later. It's easier to introduce new birds when they're younger.

Back
Top Bottom