Do I have a male I hope?!?

Attachments

• 02208028-0D11-4584-8C98-1C8B605F1B14.jpeg
    02208028-0D11-4584-8C98-1C8B605F1B14.jpeg
    958.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 4E6E14E0-41D6-41EB-9821-826C371DA2AB.jpeg
    4E6E14E0-41D6-41EB-9821-826C371DA2AB.jpeg
    535.8 KB · Views: 4
Yes, you have a male. How old? Any indigo blue and barred back with rusty flights indicates a male. Are the flight feathers a rusty-red? The picture looks like a male but photos can be deceiving. A female's blue is quite greenish and the back lacks the barring after its juvenile stage.

Check the flight feathers as that's a give-away; rusty-red/male.

Yes, you have a male. How old? Any indigo blue and barred back with rusty flights indicates a male. Are the flight feathers a rusty-red? The picture looks like a male but photos can be deceiving. A female's blue is quite greenish and the back lacks the barring after its juvenile stage.

1 year my neighbor had a beautiful one that started coming over and he had the big beautiful spread and then he quit and my husband told him so he gave us a small one. I love them I hope he will do well here. Thank you for reply

I was just outside shooing my peahens out of the way. No way is yours female. Be aware it takes three years for a peacock to get his most beautiful tail. By two years his tail will be pretty and more of his face and chest will be the bright blue.

I am envious. My peacock died during the horrid cold and wet. He went very fast and I didn't have much of a chance to help him overcome respiratory distress. Now I have just the two peahens. I'm hoping to find someone close who will trade a cock bird for one of my peahens.

I was just outside shooing my peahens out of the way. No way is yours female. Be aware it takes three years for a peacock to get his most beautiful tail. By two years his tail will be pretty and more of his face and chest will be the bright blue.

I am envious. My peacock died during the horrid cold and wet. He went very fast and I didn't have much of a chance to help him overcome respiratory distress. Now I have just the two peahens. I'm hoping to find someone close who will trade a cock bird for one of my peahens.
Awww sorry to hear I hate losing anything. I was hoping his white would turn blue. They take so long to become so pretty I’m impatient lol

It is a cock but definitely not Indigo, it is an India Blue yearling.

Back
Top Bottom