Male or female?

Im at my wits end, I need a new home from my khaki campbel drakes but cant find anyone who wants them here in England. Anyone in England that can help me? I need to re home ASAP as I dont want them hurting my only female. Please please please help me, im going crazy!
barnie.gif

Hi everyone I am a new Khaki duckling mama, mine are 4 weeks old and I noticed that one of them has a light yellow ring (part of a ring) on it's neck...does this mean it's a drake?

Can you tell their sex by looking at their rear end and if so what am I looking for LOL?

Some of my ducklings quack alot louder than others, I am praying for hens!!

Also I noticed that when I make a shhhhhhh noise with my mouth all of my ducklings STOP quacking... is a noise that their "real duck mama" would've made?? I am just amazed that they stop quacking when I make this noise, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks and I look forward to meeting other duck & chickens mama's!

P.S. I also have 4 Rhode Island Chicks too, but our ducklings are super fun!

Paula

4 weeks is too young to tell the sex of your Khaki's. Quack and markings (short of actually sexing the ducks which takes skill and knowledge of how to do it and not hurt the ducks) and the best ways to tell, but it is way too early for that.

Check out the prior posts on this thread - there are also other posts with links to videos or sound bites with the male/female quacks. But as I recall couldn't tell by quack until they were 4 months or so.

Last edited:
I'm new to Khaki Campbell's and could usr some input on male/female. I was given 6 of them, 2 older ones are about 10/11 weeks and the 4 younger ones are about 5/6 weeks. I have a little trouble telling dark colors apart so please let me know what you think. They are also extremely skittish, the person I got them from couldn't handle them either. Thanks for you help.
20170525_110717.jpg
20170525_105019.jpg

All 3 of my ducklings were sexed as females. Today I noticed my Khaki Campbell had a a curled tail feather, only one but still concerning. She has always had a softer quack than the other 2 but I thought it was because of her size difference. They are all 8 weeks almost 9 weeks old. After reading th thread I'm am concerned it might be a male which won't work at my house. I can post some more detailed pictures later, these were all I had from recently(today) the second image you can see the curled tail feather. Help?!?!
IMG_4244.PNG
IMG_4245.PNG

It is a very safe bet that is a drake. The curled tail feather is the give away. Does that bird quack or make a raspy quieter sound? I have 550 sexed ducks and the one that I have with a curled tail feather is my only drake.

I didn't want any drakes either but to be honest mine is quieter than the girls and very friendly and shows zero aggression. Are you concerned that the drake will act like a rooster? If so, they totally aren't the same.

All 3 of my ducklings were sexed as females. Today I noticed my Khaki Campbell had a a curled tail feather, only one but still concerning. She has always had a softer quack than the other 2 but I thought it was because of her size difference. They are all 8 weeks almost 9 weeks old. After reading th thread I'm am concerned it might be a male which won't work at my house. I can post some more detailed pictures later, these were all I had from recently(today) the second image you can see the curled tail feather. Help?!?! View attachment 1126740 View attachment 1126741

ABFED97E-3603-497F-AF5A-249C1E74057F.jpeg 56A2EF7B-7415-4792-BCD3-98074D9D05D5.png We got 2 khaki Campbell’s they are almost 4 weeks, wondering if you have any guess if they are boys/girls one of each. It’s probsbly too early to tell but thought I’d check!

Back
Top Bottom