male or female????

Sorry Adya, Thats not a "feather sexable " bird. Need to see if it crows or lays a egg. Unless your into look'n up a quail's skirt and "vent sexing that is!! To be honest, Iv tried the vent sexing and not only could I not tell the sex of the bird, It made me feel "DIRTY" too. so I dont try that anymore!
lau.gif

Good luck with your birds

Last edited:
Sorry Adya, Thats not a "feather sexable " bird. Need to see if it crows or lays a egg. Unless your into look'n up a quail's skirt and "vent sexing that is!! To be honest, Iv tried the vent sexing and not only could I not tell the sex of the bird, It made me feel "DIRTY" too. so I dont try that anymore!
lau.gif

Good luck with your birds
HEhehehehe
Fat Daddy your a riot.
In N.H.,tony.

Thanks for the visual and am still laughing
gig.gif

I WAS going to try to vent sex today but................................................................................................ I might laugh too much and squish the poor little thing
Ayda

I have to agree with Fat Daddy. I feel like I'm invading their privacy.

It is much easier to tell the boys from the girls when they are sexually mature (foam and bulbous gland on the tail side of the vent). I haven't had any luck vent sexing young birds. My son thinks you can tell all boy birds from girl birds by the "foam." I keep telling him, only Japanese Quail!

The other problem is that if they are mature and she has just been bred, you'll see foam. Yep - been there! lol Crows and eggs laying are for sure!

OK she or he got scalped by the other quail who is clearly a male, I heard his crow!! He also scalped the other male bad so I took him out, now this one!!! Do yo think it's a male or just the other quail being aggressive??
Ayda

Sorry to hear ya had another one get cut Ayda... I would tend to think your hurt bird was a roo too, but ya never know, could be your roo just don't have a issue with battering his Ladies!!! Slight negligence in his up bring'n!!! If all else fails, I promise, the mean ones taste better!!! Hang in there lady, and keep the Blu Kote handy till ya get'em worked out!!! Bill

Back
Top Bottom