Male or Female

Two of my chickens were as developed as yours and I thought they were roosters at 19 weeks. They were my first layers! :)

Is her comb flopped over? If it is, she will be laying real soon! Also, white leghorn roosters combs do not flip over, just the hens do only
wink.png
I LOVE LOVE my leghorns Lizzy and Izzy, they are the bestest friends and the sweetest chickens I have. They sit on my picnic table with me, jump up on my back when I am changing their water, and they let my son carry them around, I want more of them!
Yes, her comb is flopped over. Just put the nesting boxes in the coop tonight so hopefully those eggs will be coming soon. Betty is the friendliest out of my four which is funny because I had heard that white leghorns are very flighty around people. She has been great : )

I know, they are supposed to be real flighty and not so sweet, complete opposite! Glad you have sweet ones to, and any day she should give you an egg! They are egg producing machines! :D

Yep those are hens. Occasionally chickens with longer, slender bodies grow curly tail feathers. I have a yokohama hen that gets a tail bigger than my rooster's!

Back
Top Bottom