male or female?

That means I have 3 male and one female then can that be an issue
Well it can be bad for the female since 3 drakes will over mate her, but it just means More Ducks in your future so isn't all bad. either that or rehome 2 of the drakes but you'd still be better off with 1 more girl with 1 drake 2 to 1 is much better. Sure is pretty,.

I have 5 muscovy ducklings if a good few are female would it even it out or because there are very different would it still b bad

I have 5 muscovy ducklings if a good few are female would it even it out or because there are very different would it still b bad
If you get some females out of your ducklings you'll still be short because your drakes will fight over the females, ask my how I know I have 4 drakes and I have to keep 2 of them separated from the other 2 during most of the year. They fight alot. My drakes have 2 girls apiece except for my old one he has 3. But during mating season my one drake had 4 ducks and his son got left out. and had to grab a duck when Dad wasn't looking. Makes it hard on the girls but mine made it through okay, If only I had someone who would love to have a drake I would have only 3 instead of 4. But Scovy's can be fine with other breeds of ducks.

I wouldn't have two of the drakes if it wasn't for my mom.. she went out and got the two from a feed store when I had hatched only two for the first time .. she thought they needed more friends now thanks to my mother I'm in quite of a pickle

I wouldn't have two of the drakes if it wasn't for my mom.. she went out and got the two from a feed store when I had hatched only two for the first time .. she thought they needed more friends now thanks to my mother I'm in quite of a pickle
Aww mom was trying to help, sweet of her now maybe she'll take the 2 drakes off your hands, they will be fine together without any females to fight over.

Yay lol I love them and the only problem is I'm 18 and I live with her so it won't do any good to give them to her lol

Just a crazy question can u neuter the ducks
I know someone had the female duck fixed because she was having serious egg laying problems but not sure if you'd find a vet to neuter a drake plus it would probably be cost prohibited. Might try calling an Avian Vet.

I see the problem since ya'll live together. well what about an all drake pen and house with a solid divider up so drakes can't see whats going on on the other side might work. or just get mom to build a huge pen and divide and put each drake in with a couple of girls that way they would have their own girls and house and pool and......lol

Ya. Lol ill through that sugestion out there to her anD see how it goes
wink.png
Tell her it's all her fault to begin with lol

Back
Top Bottom